Ariel Arrow handle bars?

andy588tt

Ariel Arrow handle bars?

Post by andy588tt »

Hi GuysI have a golden arrow for my sins and but I am looking for the proper handle bars can anybody help?:- even a second hand handle bar would be fine and I can use it as a pattern .Ride safeAndy Very Happy
Ha ha eat my oily clag !!!!!!
Richard Negus

Re: Ariel Arrow handle bars?

Post by Richard Negus »

More smoke than a rotary running on Comma! Very Happy
Just a bike-less old fogey now. Boo-hoo!
Dell Boy

Post by Dell Boy »

Hello Andy,Life is strange & full of coincidences. I am having a massive clearout prior to moving/downsizing. I have come across a 1961 Motor Cycle news with an advert on the front page placed by Ariel motors extolling the wonders of the arrow/leader range including the sports Arrow. It appears to be fitted with "ACE" bars as was my own Sparrow that I passed my test on in 1968.In sorting through the tons of spares/junk? I have accumulated I came across a pair of "ACE" bars. These are drop bars that mimic clip ons but fit into the normal handlebar clamps. Are these what you are looking for? I did have a genuine workshop manual but I haven`t come across it so far. If I do I will let you know.Derek Fox.
mutley

Post by mutley »

Richard Negus wrote:More smoke than a rotary running on Comma! Very Happy
Very true Richard Very Happy
mutley

Post by mutley »

mutley wrote:
Very true Richard
mutley

Post by mutley »

mutley wrote:
mutley wrote:
Very true Richard
mutley

Post by mutley »

Richard Negus wrote:More smoke than a rotary running on Comma! Very true Richard
mutley

Post by mutley »

[quote="Richard Negus"]More smoke than a rotary running on Comma!
mutley

Post by mutley »

Don't know what happened above but cannot seem to delete red face
Richard Negus

Post by Richard Negus »

hitkey.gif
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Just a bike-less old fogey now. Boo-hoo!
andy588tt

Post by andy588tt »

Dell Boy wrote:Hello Andy,Life is strange & full of coincidences. I am having a massive clearout prior to moving/downsizing. I have come across a 1961 Motor Cycle news with an advert on the front page placed by Ariel motors extolling the wonders of the arrow/leader range including the sports Arrow. It appears to be fitted with "ACE" bars as was my own Sparrow that I passed my test on in 1968.In sorting through the tons of spares/junk? I have accumulated I came across a pair of "ACE" bars. These are drop bars that mimic clip ons but fit into the normal handlebar clamps. Are these what you are looking for? I did have a genuine workshop manual but I haven`t come across it so far. If I do I will let you know.Derek Fox.
Hi DellYou are ACE ho ho sorry for the pun cool As the man from delmonte said YES. Dell thanks for the quick reply this old girl has been sitting around to long I would be grateful for the bars 7/8in I think and if you find the manual etc. mp me and we can take it from there. Its a quirky little bike more like a steam engine at traffic lights it handles well through country lanes and fun in the dark with its 6 volt lights as for the brakes you get a clearer meaning of the word faith cool. Who knows next year at the IOM shore hotel I might be in disguise popping Eyes like an Alain to see in the dark and brake linings on my DM's boots to stop and a hacking cough because of all that smoking Very Happy.Ride SafeAndy
andy588tt

Post by andy588tt »

Sp%20Arrow%20handlebar.JPG
Hi DellPlease see pic are your bars like these? for the Sparrow wink Ride safe Andy
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Dell Boy

Post by Dell Boy »

Hello Andy, For some reason this site has never let me open any picture files so I cant see it. Mine have a loop that mounts in the handle bar clamps with the handlebars, left & right welded to the loop in the dropped position.Looked for the manual but no sign of it. I probably sold it when I had a clearout a couple of years ago.All the best,Derek.
Dell Boy

Post by Dell Boy »

Magic, the picture has just appeared!! & no they are made of 3 pieces of tube welded together to give the "sporting" i.e. crippling riding stance.Derek.
andy588tt

Post by andy588tt »

Dell Boy wrote:Magic, the picture has just appeared!! & no they are made of 3 pieces of tube welded together to give the "sporting" i.e. crippling riding stance.Derek.
Hi DellThanks for getting back pity about the bars.Ride safeAndy Very Happy