Wanted: Tank Harness/Tank Bag For Classic.

David Rodgers

Wanted: Tank Harness/Tank Bag For Classic.

Post by David Rodgers »

Does anyone have or know where i can get a tank harness and tank bag to fit the Classic petrol tank. Ideally with the hole in the harness over the petrol filler.Dave
andy588tt

Re: Wanted: Tank Harness/Tank Bag For Classic.

Post by andy588tt »

David Rodgers wrote:Does anyone have or know where i can get a tank harness and tank bag to fit the Classic petrol tank. Ideally with the hole in the harness over the petrol filler.Dave
Hi Dave Thats a tall order! because with only a hundred made, I think I have seen what you need made by oxford its a like a spiders web of straps it then allows a tank bag to be fitted try flea bay. Happy huntingAndy cool
Ha ha eat my oily clag !!!!!!
johnbirchjar

Post by johnbirchjar »

Hi Dave,For the past ten years or more I have used on my Classic an "Oxford Travel Sports" tank bag,the front straps go round the head stock,and bungie straps hook onto the side anchor points and down onto the foot-rests,(the magnets in the tank bag won't work 'cos the tank is ally wink)under the bag I have some very thin foam,and to date,(some fifty+thousand miles,)I have never had a problem with "venting"on the tank,or damage,ride safe,J.B.
Ian

Post by Ian »

I wanted a tank bag for my Commander. I liked the range of bags produced by Baglux under the Bagster brand, where all the different sizes and styles of bags fit all the fuel tank harnesses, which are themselves bespoke to each bike model. They're good quality kit and are very QD.Naturally, they didn't do one to fit a Commander.What they do make, however, is a universal harness. This does what it says. It isn't as pretty as a bespoke harness but it will fit pretty much any bike, including Commanders, where the fairing can make it difficult.Your bike has a conventional tank so I reckon it would do you no problem and you have all the options from Bagster's range of hundreds of tank bags.Works for me - have a look.Ian