Wanted: Tool Kit For Classic

David Rodgers

Wanted: Tool Kit For Classic

Post by David Rodgers »

I am after a complete tool kit including the 8 compartment tool roll for the Norton Classic. Part no: 92-1722. Also the Key Wallet 92-2027. Both shown on page 50/51 in the Classic replacement Parts Catalogue. I am taking the re-born Classic to France and Spain for my last big trip of the year, so i am gathering spares and tools and oil!Dave
johnbirchjar

Re: Wanted: Tool Kit For Classic

Post by johnbirchjar »

Hi Dave,In the space behind the seat on my Classic I carry an electronic ignition box,throtle cable,clutch cable,plugs& bulbs,+ the tool kit,and cable ties, if thees can't get me out of trouble then I'm afraid it's"Carol Nash" evil, and to date the occation has not rissen(touch wood)I take it your Classic has no tool kit?you may have to "make one up"but then again,you may strike lucky, smiley, ride safe and enjoy France,J.B.
gripper

Post by gripper »

You may try Andover Norton, I recall they had the tool rolls but you're not the first looking for a key wallet. I'm not that keen on the tool roll for keeping tools in. Too much scope for loosing items and they are not waterproof. My preference is for a tupperware type of container and the one I have was originally designed for bacon. It has 6 clips keeping the lid on. Where do you stop when taking spares with you? Few riders take the means to deal with a puncture. Slime and a decent short cycle pump should get you out of the dwang in this department.
johnbirchjar

Post by johnbirchjar »

I don't think a tupperware box will fit in the space behind the seat on a Classic smiley,well, not one big enough to get the suplied tool kit in,and the tool roll dos'nt need to be waterproof,it's pretty watertight back there,J.B.