Krausser Pannier for Classic wanted

Robert14

Krausser Pannier for Classic wanted

Post by Robert14 »

Hello,does anybody know, where I can get a set of Krausser Pannier for a Norton Classic?Thank`sRobert
gripper

Re: Krausser Pannier for Classic wanted

Post by gripper »

Ebay I suppose. Norton Classics don't normally come with panniers unless you are thinking of the Krauser Commander. Otherwise BMW Krauser style panniers could be made to fit with a bit of work.
Robert14

Post by Robert14 »

@gripperThank`s for your idea.I found a pair of used and quite cheap ones on Ebay!
johnbirchjar

Post by johnbirchjar »

Panniers for a Classic exclaim? these I have got to see!J.B.
Robert14

Post by Robert14 »

Hello,how do I insert a picture in a posting?Robert
Robert14

Post by Robert14 »

okay I found it -> my Classic with Krauser panniers
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
johnbirchjar

Post by johnbirchjar »

Very nice cool,They look a tad tidier than my "Throw Overs",(but I suspect that you can't carry as much wink.)Hopefully we will see you at a few rallies so's mine is not the only Classic attending. (Is that a petrol can you are brandishing?)rgds,J.B.
Robert14

Post by Robert14 »

Hello John,yes it`s a petrol can, I did not reach the next petrol station. The picture was taken on the Isle of Rügen, in the northern part of Germany - near Poland. A nice coastal round trip from Hamburg to the polish border.Therefore I have the panniers. 5l petrol and 2 x 2l oil in the left one, my personal things (malt whisky, mobile phone, toothbrush, rain suite etc.) in the right one.Hope to see you once!Robert
johnbirchjar

Post by johnbirchjar »

Carrying a spare can of petrol?Is there a shortage of service stations in Germany?If your bike do's about the same mpg as my old girl,150m(240k) main tank,30m(48k) on reserve, (I know this because I did a "full tank" onto "reserve to empty" just so I knew Very Happy).I usually start looking for a gas station after about 110/120miles,(I'm usually ready for a bit of a break by then anyway wink,)rgds,J.B.
Robert14

Post by Robert14 »

Well, I`m a lazy guy and don`t look on the milometer or map and often just follow my nose!In Italy the service stations are closed on weekends and the old Great War alpine roads are situated in thinly populated areas. Therfore the petrol spare can! Robert