BEWARE OF FELLOW ROTARY OWNERS

Malc

BEWARE OF FELLOW ROTARY OWNERS

Post by Malc »

JUST A WORD OF CAUTION, I CAN CONFIRM THAT FOR THE SECOND TIME ( THE FIRST TIME A FEW YEARS AGO) I HAVE HAD AN ITEM 'DISSAPEAR' FROM MY GARAGE AFTER LETTING SOMEONE VIEW MY BIKE.I HAVE WAITED A WHILE TO DOUBLE , TREBLE AND RE-CHECK AGAIN AND AGAIN AS THE PERSON APPEARS VERY TRUSTING, BUT NO, IT HAS GONE!Malc
Interpol2471

Re: BEWARE OF FELLOW ROTARY OWNERS

Post by Interpol2471 »

That's sad to hear Malc it used to be two wheeled people stuck together but now it seems that we are too just a target for thieves and criminals .... watch eBay like a hawk mate evil
Various rubbish in various states of decay.....
FloridaMike

Post by FloridaMike »

What's the item we should be looking for?Best,Mike
rustynuts

Post by rustynuts »

I must admit, when I bought my Interpol I was tempted to pinch something from the sellers garage........... but then I decided I probably wouldn't be able to get a Vincent Rapide in my pocket without being noticed. wink
Wayne

Post by Wayne »

Hi Malcsorry to hear you had something nicked from your garrage, i presume you know exactley who nicked it as they were veiwing a bike.Hovever i do get concerned with every rotaty owners a crook statment, genralising every one when its a sprciffic person is not fair on the rest of us. When somthing is stolen yes it should be reported hear but it should relate to what the bike/part is and when it was stolen.Luckly there are a lot of decent rotary owners, however if you are the person who niked the part, ore even inocently picked it up and moved it unintentionaly grow some balls and let malc know/return it?Regards Wayne
johnbirchjar

Post by johnbirchjar »

Hi Malc,you sure this scum bag was a rotary owner and not just some lowlife oppertunist,? evil anyway,I'm sure you must have a few details that we can look out for,and what exactly was stolen,was it rotary stuff or tools and things,more info please, rgds,J.B.
Malc

Post by Malc »

Thank you for your posts of support. I am pleased to say that either by coincidence or the power of the forum, the said item was returned to me this morning.I had an 'odd' phone call Thurs which roughly went that he had tried the item I had lent to him??????? and it cured the problem and was it for sale. I had stated when he looked at the old Interpol (that was for spares or repair) that this item was only for sale with the bike as I had removed the original several years ago after the bike was last run.I would say what the item is but then this might lead to suspicion of anyone else wanting a similar item and it is already with a heavy heart that I posted this on the forum but I am just pleased to have the item back.Malc
kanonkopdrinker
Site Admin

Post by kanonkopdrinker »

Hi all.A point to remember, being on the forum is not the same as being a member of the R.O.C. ....DC
Malc

Post by Malc »

Not quite sure of your point here David.I am not an ROC member now, (nor of the other clubs I was a member of) but that does not make me less honest than if I was still a member.There are bad apples in all walks of life but it is easy to think that people with the same interests as oneself are always genuine. That was the intended message of the original posting, it was not intended to offend the 99.9 percent of genuine folk on the forum and I aplologise if that is the way some people may have interpreted it.Malc
kanonkopdrinker
Site Admin

Post by kanonkopdrinker »

Hi Malcolm,My point was to remind folk that there's a big difference being in the ROC who are (in my experience) a select band of some very nice people ....... then there is this forum, which contains not only this group, but is also open to all and sundry ...DC
Malc

Post by Malc »

Hi David,I am sorry to disappoint you but the Commander owner who took a footrest hanger a few years back almost certainly was an ROC member. I had met him at an ROC meeting. On this latter occasion, almost certainly not and during the brief conversation with him, the forum was not mentioned and had not been mentioned previously so I have no idea if he has been on.Malc
andy588tt

Post by andy588tt »

Hay ho come on guys!!!! It is very sad for anybody to loose anything to a thief. Perhaps the post should have said ( if you don't want items stolen keep them out of sight.) Ride safe Andy cool
Ha ha eat my oily clag !!!!!!