Grimeca front brake lever

gripper

Grimeca front brake lever

Post by gripper »

I know this is a long shot but I'm after a front brake lever from a Grimeca hydraulic front master cylinder. It's for my Commando that nose dived into the ground after I got it fired up at the weekend after a long rebuild. I was so excited to hear it running again I forgot to put the stand down and just let it go. "Oh dear" I said.
johnbirchjar

Re: Grimeca front brake lever

Post by johnbirchjar »

If you only said"Oh dear" you showed comendable restraint wink J.B.
gripper

Post by gripper »

I thought I said that, but my neighbours might say somthing different red face
ZFD

Post by ZFD »

Gripper,Not sure if we talk the same Grimeca master cylinder, but if it is the one we use in our brake improvement kit (see http://www.andover-norton.co.uk/Accessories.htm), then we have the lever as a spare- Andover Norton part# 13-1610.Joe
gripper

Post by gripper »

My master cylinder has a round reservoir and was bought from RGM a good 5 or six years ago. They advise me that grimeca have gone into receivership and the blades are no longer available. I will try and attach a photo of my blade and you can maybe tell me if it is similar. It difficult to tell from the photo on your website. Many thanks Joe
gripper

Post by gripper »

Here is a picture of the broken lever, as an attachment I think.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ZFD

Post by ZFD »

Sorry, not the same as ours. The receivership story sounds a bit like a lame excuse. red face They were in receivership for a while last year but we have since received new master cylinders, paid for, incidently, BEFORE they went into receivership which means they honoured the contract under their receiver. As far as I know they are now trading normally again.
Mick Taylor

Post by Mick Taylor »

That looks very similar indeed to this Guzzi lever on ebay.http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/moto-guzzi-br ... .kettle738
gripper

Post by gripper »

Thanks Mick, good spot.
Mick Taylor

Post by Mick Taylor »

Hope it's the right one, it does look uncannily similar.If for any reason you don't get it, my W2000 had Grimeca brakes and the best parts source for them was North Leicester Motorcycles.....they do Moto Morinis back to the 1970s.Best..........Mick......kettle738
gripper

Post by gripper »

I can't believe I was out-bid by 50p at £5.50 That'll teach me to be complacent and not get back to the computer at the end of the auction. Looks like my Commando will be sporting a CBR600 master cylinder with span adjustable lever.
Mick Taylor

Post by Mick Taylor »

You could also try North Leicester Motorcycles.Mick.......kettle738