F1 bodywork

Nortonash

F1 bodywork

Post by Nortonash »

I have a set of F1 bodywork for sale but really have no idea how much to ask for it. I have the 2 main parts and the vented covers that go on each side. No screen or seat. It is in very good condition, no obvious cracks but would need painting as we painted it purple years ago, my wife loved purple and it was her bike Very Happy
Nortonash

Re: F1 bodywork

Post by Nortonash »

Come on guys, one of you must have some idea. I have had plenty of interest but dont know what I should realistically ask for this.
euromotors

Post by euromotors »

HI wat do you want for it sir ?regardswilly
Nortonash

Post by Nortonash »

Hi Willy, I dont know, that is the problem. How do I price something that just doesnt come up for sale, I honestly dont want to be greedy but cant afford to give it away either. Someone must have some idea?
Richard Negus

Post by Richard Negus »

Nortonash wrote: Someone must have some idea?
Current retail price, including 20% VAT, for those four pieces from the original moulds, new, in polished gloss black gel-coat totals £1507.For your set, say £500 for a top quality re-spray gloss black?Got to be worth at least £500 as-is.And no, that's not an offer!R.
Just a bike-less old fogey now. Boo-hoo!
Nortonash

Post by Nortonash »

Thanks Richard.
Wayne

Post by Wayne »

Hi AshIts not people dont or cant be botherd to reply, thers a limited number of people who buy this stuff especialy f1, how do you price stuff, in truth only a serous buyer can answer that when your offer the £, and i am not offering either as i already have someLast year I wanted a new F1 ecentric shaft, the one i bought was just a little under 2/3 less than the other person who had a couple of them, which is the true value? Its only worth what some one will offer how many people want it and what some will accept for it, the seller just needs to hope the stuff dose not turn to rust in the mean time wating for the top price, scrap price of a f1 shaft £10 (Acf50 £15).Regards Wayne