Norton F1

500jrl

Norton F1

Post by 500jrl »

Hi All, I am new to the Rotary owners club and currently interested in purchasing a Norton F1. Does any one know anything about the H248 TGO that has popped up again at Red Dog Motorcycles or does the club hold any records/history on the bike.I would be please to hear if any one can help.Kind Regards
Brian

Re: Norton F1

Post by Brian »

You've probably already seen it but there's another one on Ebay nearly 5k cheaper in Wellingborough.All the best, Brian.
gripper

Post by gripper »

Have you ridden one? you might want to do that before you spend a fortune. (Unless it's only to look at)
Nortonash

Post by Nortonash »

Fantastic to ride BUT at 6'5" just a little cramped, my wife being 5'5" was just a tad short.
Wayne

Post by Wayne »

Hiwith both of them you need a ride on one or the owner take it for a ride then have a listen to it. Also a good idea sweet talk someone in the club who is famillier with rotarys to go along with you. I would not start one of mine up for general enquirey however once the monye was on the table then i would, (no my bikes are not for sale) Be very carful of "i dont want to start it and you have to recomision it ec", I speek from very recent experiance you can get very burnt, for get name droping as well unless the person concerned will voch for it. We have just striped an engine that has just been recently striped and rebuilt to a very poor standard bordering on dangerous, the thing is i was told the engine had not been touched for years but was a good runner used regularly?Important,If you plan to ride it what do you expect and what are you used to riding, F1's dont like potering type riders and they generaly dont like F1s. Theres people who had them and hait them and people who love them like me who still have theres. Thers also the argument a F1 Sport is the better bike, margenaly may be in my opinion, (i have both and do back to back rides on both bikes a feaw times a year)Performace, a f1 is all right but definatly dose not have the race bikes performance or 95 on modern jap performance there ok up to 100 then the pace slows, but i have to ride mine upright which dont help. That said i like taking mine out on the road or a spin on the track. there definaltly in the Marmite catigory love them or hate them. I am sure thre regular F1 haters will be along, but i bet they would also hait any modern sports bike, my 955i daytona is less comfortouble but a hell of a lot faster than my f1, if i want to go to the chip shop or round and about town i go on my thunderbird.Regards Wayne