WANTED : IP2 Fork Gaiter(s)

Richard Negus

WANTED : IP2 Fork Gaiter(s)

Post by Richard Negus »

I'm having great difficulty finding an original fork gaiter for IP2/Classic. I know ANIL haven't got any, and none of the ones I've bought off fleabay are even remotely similar.I have one useable one, so just one is sufficient but a pair would be equally acceptable.Anyone help?R.
Just a bike-less old fogey now. Boo-hoo!
gripper

Re: WANTED : IP2 Fork Gaiter(s)

Post by gripper »

Plus one on that, Mine are well past their sell by date.Dave
RotaryDane

Post by RotaryDane »

I have a pair that I won't be using, still very good rubber, no cracks, the buttom on one is starting to go a bit hard though. Plenty usable still. smiley Had a rummage around fleebay and found these: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/FORK-GAITOR-K ... b7ce9f2Top diamater 40mm and buttom 60mm. The legs on the IP2 are 38mm and outer 55mm, so with a clamp in the top and a slit cut in the buttom they should fit nicely.
Richard Negus

Post by Richard Negus »

RotaryDane wrote:I have a pair that I won't be using, still very good rubber, no cracks, the buttom on one is starting to go a bit hard though. Plenty usable still. smiley Had a rummage around fleebay and found these: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/FORK-GAITOR-K ... b7ce9f2Top diamater 40mm and buttom 60mm. The legs on the IP2 are 38mm and outer 55mm, so with a clamp in the top and a slit cut in the buttom they should fit nicely.
Thanks for the suggestion; I bought a pair of those but they look very bad when fitted. I think the originals were made by Mentasti but their website doesn't now list anything similar.I remain hopeful.R.
rustynuts

Post by rustynuts »

Sounds like a flimsy excuse that is just about good enough to justify junking those forks and building a "Supreme Classic".
RotaryDane

Post by RotaryDane »

Maybe the Ducati 750 or various Moto Guzzi's has something to offer? They do after all share the same forks as the IP2 and Classic.
Richard Negus

Post by Richard Negus »

rustynuts wrote: building a "Supreme Classic".
THAT was Plan A! A water-cooled Classic with all the mods of the Supreme. But then I rode the air-cooled Classic and decided that bimbling along the lanes is more what I do these days and, for that, a standard (fake) Classic is just fine.
Richard Negus

Post by Richard Negus »

RotaryDane wrote:Maybe the Ducati 750 or various Moto Guzzi's has something to offer? They do after all share the same forks as the IP2 and Classic.
If you can guide me to a Ducati or Guzzi or Laverda that had gaiters instead of dust seals, I'd like to follow that up. I'm sure the gaiters weren't made specifically for Norton, so something else, probably Italian, must have fitted them too.
Howell

Post by Howell »

Happy New Year to all.Hi Richard,I think I had the last one of Andover Norton's stock, and was able to get a good used one from Graham at Startright's to make a pair. I am looking for a Classic aircleaner Right Hand cover if anyone has one.Regards,Howell
wust588

Post by wust588 »

Richard,The gaiters should be with you any time now. At least I hope so!I posted them Mon.John.
JohnOR

Post by JohnOR »

Has anyone tried Royal Enfield or MZ gaiters as they have similar dimensionsJohn