Wheel weights.

johnbirchjar

Wheel weights.

Post by johnbirchjar »

Hi guys,I need some 10m stick on wheel balancing weights for the Classic,(I know they exist 'cos I have them on the front smiley, the normal 20m one's are to wide,)I've had a bit of a surf with little or no success,any ideas?J.B.
Dell Boy

Re: Wheel weights.

Post by Dell Boy »

Hello John,I have a box of 50 self adhesive 5 gramme weights which measure 15 m.m. square each. Obviously you can fit two to make up 10 grammes. How many do you want?Personally I dont bother balancing wheels because I only feel it is worthwhile if travelling over 100 m.p.h.Derek F.
johnbirchjar

Post by johnbirchjar »

Hi Del,I have recently had a new tyre fitted on the rear,and get slight wheel tramp at my motorway cruising speed(80/85mph) I had to have the front wheel balanced after the last new tyre(that's how I know about the smaller wheel weights smiley )once I have the engine cooling sorted out I will be in touch,and like you, I have never had to bother before,ride safe,J.B.PS where did you get yours from?I've had a bit of a surf,but could only find the 10mm? ones.J.B.
Dell Boy

Post by Dell Boy »

Vincent worked at Elites tyre emporium at one time in his youth & I suspect they came from there!!Cheers,Derek F.