washing machines

johnbirchjar

washing machines

Post by johnbirchjar »

Hi Guys,anyone out there know anything about washing machines?I have a Hotpoint and the ALL the lights flash rapidly on and off when I push the ON button,and then I can't turn the darn thing off!!(only from the mains)turn the mains back on and the lights still flash,leaving the machine on and after about 10 mins it settles down and I can program it,start the machine on its cycle,the "programed" lights flash for a bit then all is fine, till the next time,(this has been going on for the last three washes)any ideas?J.B.
vontripper

Re: washing machines

Post by vontripper »

hi , curcuit board is at fault, not cheap to replace dump machine and buy new one von
[color=#FF0040]God Willing & The Creek Don`t Rise[/color]
gripper

Post by gripper »

Try espares for a new circuit board, still cheaper than a new machine if the rest of it is in good nick. I got 13 years out of a hotpoint with about four sets of motor brushes, three door seals, one pump and a programmer. Bit like a norton really.
johnbirchjar

Post by johnbirchjar »

Thanks Guys, A buddy of mine who is well into computers and all things with "electronic programming" sugested un-pluging the machine for about 10 minutes(evidently this allows most machines with "programs" to re-program themselves!!?)anyway, it seems to have worked this time,something to remember in future?ride safe,J.B.