Thermo Fan Switch

bodgerbloke52

Thermo Fan Switch

Post by bodgerbloke52 »

Does any one have any info and or opinion on lowering the temp on the OE fan switch of 95-90c I would like to lower it about 5 degrees. Any ideas, part numbers, manufacturer etc.ThanksRoger
Wayne

Re: Thermo Fan Switch

Post by Wayne »

I think graham stocks a lower temp fan switch, fom memory its on his websiteRegards Wayne
bodgerbloke52

Post by bodgerbloke52 »

Thanks for that. Spotted the one you mention but no temp detail mentioned on web site.However just located one in Texas. BMW part number 61311364272. It is 91 degrees instead of the Norton OE one of 95c, it will be here in three days. $17.95 including new washer.Roger
johnbirchjar

Post by johnbirchjar »

Would a fan from a Commander have enough "puff" to help with the cooling on an air cooled engine?(listening to the"heater" fan in my Bora,now there is some seriouse "puff" wink J.B.
bodgerbloke52

Post by bodgerbloke52 »

Care would be required to ensure that the fan does not impeed air flow while on the move. Other than that any fan on a air cooled engine will do a super job. However, on My IP2 the temp reading slowly drops while engine is at a slow idle below 75f. The Commander goes up at idle as the fan can not cope in the high temps we get over here 90 is common 100 quite possible. Thats F of course, the land of the free refuses to toe the internatinal line.Roger
johnbirchjar

Post by johnbirchjar »

I have a 3/4 fairing from a Triumph 900 Triple fitted to my Classic,and I was thinking of fitting a powerful fan flush with the bottom of the fairing(just beneath the h/lights and out of "line of sight")what type of fan and from what type of vehicle I have no idea,I will just have to look at a few,any sugestions will be most welcome smiley,ride safe,J.B.
kanonkopdrinker
Site Admin

Post by kanonkopdrinker »

Gian von Salis in Switzerland used to swear by a pair of air-scoops he had mounted on his fork lowers ... these directed air to the intermediate plate which lives in the wind 'shadow' of the front wheel.He was adamant this led to a much cooler running (air cooled) engine. You could fashion a pair from old detergent bottles .... or if you are really posh, have some fabricated out of alloy etcGian dropped from the scene a while ago .... does anyone have contact details for him. The last email address I have dates from 2011 and was giannimoto@prodigi.chDavid