Servicing rotary classic in the South West

Devon

Servicing rotary classic in the South West

Post by Devon »

Hi all, are there any bike mechanics who are familiar with Rotary Classics in the South West? I am putting my bike back on the road after a lay up of 12 months and the starter is dead and the L/H carb is leaking petrol. I know little about carbs and less about electrics so I would rather leave it to a competant mechanic if possible. I am in North Devon but don't mind travelling TIA
kanonkopdrinker
Site Admin

Re: Servicing rotary classic in the South West

Post by kanonkopdrinker »

Are you a club member?If you are, there are a few members in the SW whose details I can give you.Cheers,David
rjg30091982

Post by rjg30091982 »

try Monty's motorcycles, he used to work for Terry Hobbs in Plymouth whom i believe was a Rotary dealer? if he wasn't he certainly maintained them at his shop.http://montysbritishclassicmotorcycles.com/he is worth contacting, he is in Mill Hill now which is a small hamlet near Tavy!Although i live in Plymouth and despite the hassle of getting it to Sheffield i have always got Richard Negus to do any major work to my bikes! he rebuilt my Commander and is due to rebuild my IP2 and has fault found numerous issues with my bikes via a constant bombardment of emails from me!!! (sorry Richard!)cheersRuss
P52 Police Commander (Dyfed Powys Police)\nIP2 (West Midlands Police)\nCommando Mk3 ES \nCommando Interpol (Hampshire Police)
Devon

Post by Devon »

Thank's for the replys. I now have a couple of local (ish) M/C workshops to contact to sort the bike out :)