commander voltmeter wiring

NedSmart

commander voltmeter wiring

Post by NedSmart »

I am re-fitting a voltmeter to my commanders fairing (it had been removed in the dim and distant past) There appears to be 3 terminals marked G,S,and,I.Anyone know what colours go where.I have a wiring diagram but i cannot find any mention of the voltmeter.Any ideas would be a great help.Thanks
gripper

Re: commander voltmeter wiring

Post by gripper »

A volt meter is not standard on the Commander to the best of my knowledge but just needs to be wired between a switched +ve and earth. I've just fitted a trick LED voltage monitor to my Commando from ebay, less then half the cost of the Al Osborne and Paul Goff items (about £9 inc p&p) it's got about 6 switchable programs but I left mine on the one it came with. I wouldn't mess about with one of those big dial jobs. I'll dig out the vendors details if you're interested.(That LED is the only trick bit on my Commando, the trick being, it works)
NedSmart

Post by NedSmart »

Thanks for the reply to my query.Yes i would be interested in the led voltmeter if you could kindly find the details for me ,Cheers,Ned
gripper

Post by gripper »

Look on ebay for "gammatronix" and it will come up with the device. £8.99 +0.90p p&p I should have bought a few and put them on everything.Dave