OIL WARNING LIGHT'S

johnbirchjar

OIL WARNING LIGHT'S

Post by johnbirchjar »

Hi guys, as the old weather has been a bit on the wet side of late(no playing golf or riding the Classic)I have been reading past copies of the club mag,some time back someone mentioned guys wrecking their engines by relying on the "oil light" rather than by using the dip stick,well this reminded me of an insident some years back when I was an HGV driver working for an agency,I was told to report to a transport depot where I was to drive a nearly new Renault(I think)anyway ,it was an early start,(06-00?)I proceded to check water,oil,fuel,(like you do)couldn't find the oil dip stick anywhere!! must have spent about 10 minutes looking for the dam thing,oh well,goods to deliver,off I go,later on reporting in I asked the transport manager where the dip stick was,"There isn't one,its done with a button on the dash,monitored by a sender" me "What no visual check at all"? him "No,not possible" me "Well good luck with that then,what happens if the sender go's on the blink? him, "One(very expensive) wrecked engine I suppose,but we do servicing pretty regularly so hopefully it wont happen" hm, all very cavalier,I still would have prefered to have a dip stick,J.B.
Dell Boy

Re: OIL WARNING LIGHT'S

Post by Dell Boy »

My oil light hasn`t worked for over a year on the grey Commander so I dip every 1,000 miles & top up.Derek F