Norton returning to the TT

Derek Nicol
Site Admin

Norton returning to the TT

Post by Derek Nicol »

Norton are returning to the TT with the new Norton race bike... a Spondon frame housing.. wait for it.. could it be the new 700cc rotary?.. no!.. a new Norton piston engine?.. no!.... maybe a Peugeot? wink .. no!.... housing an Aprilia V4 engine!! cry Oh dear!
Dell Boy

Re: Norton returning to the TT

Post by Dell Boy »

Surely thats an Aprilia, albeit in a Spondon chassis.This isn`t even badge engineering as I doubt they had anything to do with the engine design & development.Derek F.
gripper

Post by gripper »

Certainly ain't a Norton. I wonder how long it will be till that becomes the new "road bike"
ZFD

Post by ZFD »

Normally well-informed sources tell me that the chassis is actually one of the Crighton RCW Spondon chassis- now no longer needed- into which the Aprilia engine was transplanted. Spondon had and wants nothing to do with it, I hear.So one could say it is at least a Norton chassis.
Wayne

Post by Wayne »

Hi JoRcw i think you made a typing error, nrv588 my source also says the faring is cut down nrv as well. Aparantly norton uk think the Nrs fabricated beam frame is vertualy the same as a spondon extruded, i hope the person who modifd the frame has enough engineering experance to know the differance, it certanaly was not spondon. Regards Wayne
ZFD

Post by ZFD »

Wayne, Sorry about the typing error. I also just heard the rider is paid 3.000 Pounds to hurl the contraption down Bray Hill. Rather him than me!
andy588tt

Post by andy588tt »

Well as Daffy said That's all Folks !!!!!!!!!! If this latest thing was a rotary I would have been on the edge of my seat like in the early 90's but what I see coming out bearing the name of Norton is very boring this is deja vu the same stunt was played out with Brians bike with Michael Dunlop and we all know the disaster that was why do they bother.Ride SafeAndy cry
Ha ha eat my oily clag !!!!!!
ZFD

Post by ZFD »

why do they bother.
Distraction?