Oz rotaries.

Hunter

Oz rotaries.

Post by Hunter »

Hi All, Just joined and trying to get a few photos up. Hope this works ok.My collection.1976 Suzuki RE5 A. Hercules 1976. Norton 1988 Classic.Kim oz.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Interpol2471

Re: Oz rotaries.

Post by Interpol2471 »

Hi and welcome the DKW looks really sweet I love the looks of that design as for the Classic that seat cover red face LOL .....No lovely bikes We are looking for a lost bike in Aus at present as we believe a Polaris engined special called the French Advancer was exported to Australia in the 90's. Keep an eye out for it wink Image
Various rubbish in various states of decay.....
Hunter

Post by Hunter »

Hello, I have not seen or heard of the special, will keep a look out for it.I imported the Hercules from USA. It had been stored in a museum and had 1,0026 miles in the clock. It was in great condition. The Classic came to Australia with a brit gent who brought two here when he emigrated, Mine in no. 088. I think his other is 003. I was told that by the fellow I bought mine from. He had bought it from the original owner about 10 years ago. He is now 88 yeras old and his family don't want him on bikes any more.I send more details when I do the club join form.I am on holidays in USA at the moment and the name of original mowner escapes me. I will check when I get home. To my knowledge there are 4 classics in oz. One in a museum in Queensland and two in north NSW somewhere. I have the fourth.Kim.
gripper

Post by gripper »

Richard Negus seems to think there are less than 250 Norton Rotaries "on the road". Be interesting to see how many we can muster ON THE ROAD. in the ROC. I have one and can vouch for three others in Shropshire. Add yours on this thread?
Dell Boy

Post by Dell Boy »

gripper wrote:Richard Negus seems to think there are less than 250 Norton Rotaries "on the road". Be interesting to see how many we can muster ON THE ROAD. in the ROC. I have one and can vouch for three others in Shropshire. Add yours on this thread?
I have two Krauser Commanders on the road taxed & tested.Derek F.
Interpol2471

Post by Interpol2471 »

one IP2 on the road tax and tested
Various rubbish in various states of decay.....
rjg30091982

Post by rjg30091982 »

I have a Commander and IP2 on the road, i just bought another commander that is on the road today and Richard is going to put my other IP2 on the road hopefully this summer!its good to know i have 4 out of 250! lets hope they triple in value over the next 5 years! hahaRuss
P52 Police Commander (Dyfed Powys Police)\nIP2 (West Midlands Police)\nCommando Mk3 ES \nCommando Interpol (Hampshire Police)
Hunter

Post by Hunter »

One Classic taxed and on road being riden
commando-rotary

Post by commando-rotary »

One IP2 and one commander taxed etc.D G
kanonkopdrinker
Site Admin

Post by kanonkopdrinker »

IP2 taxed & insured.DC
Dell Boy

Post by Dell Boy »

At the Norton A.G.M. at Meriden 140 persons attended I was told. In the car park were eight Nortons, three of which were Commanders. Beautifull sunny day & still they came by car.Doesn`t bode well for the future of classic motor cycling!There was also eight B.S.A.`s in the car park just as visitors to the museum.Derek F.
Wayne

Post by Wayne »

Hi allF1 and F1sport on the road I hope to get the second F1 sport on the road this year. In reality the first race bike will be next year? if i can get hold of the body workRegards Wayne
bill

Post by bill »

Hi ya....just a little info to add to your rotary listing...there are a further 4 registered here in Portugal (that I know of) 2 of those are actually running and used on the roads (thanks to Richard one of these is now mine and enjoying many hours of freedom on the roads of Europe)...the others are a museum (wealthy collectors) piece and a non-runner...I and mine will hopefully be at the meeting in June....sys....Bill
johnbirchjar

Post by johnbirchjar »

Hi guys, I have a Classic(029)that is taxed,tested(10th of April)insured and I ride it a lot(50,000 miles since 1999)and I know of one other Classic in Oz,owned and ridden by a Mr.Ted Carter,ride safe,J.B.