Moto Gp Loss

Interpol2471

Moto Gp Loss

Post by Interpol2471 »

How and why did poor Marco loose his life, a crash helmet coming off like that in today's world should not happen cry I look forward to what Dorna and AGV have to say about that because this really was a sad day for the sport and should not have happened as it did. The helmet may have not been the only thing but staying on may have made the difference.Our thoughts are with his family, friends and Team mates.
Various rubbish in various states of decay.....
gripper

Re: Moto Gp Loss

Post by gripper »

Someone I work with said that Marco Simoncelli wore a helmet one size too large to take into account his hair style. I know my helmet is a tight fit and I wouldn't expect to survive a neck injury sustained if it were to come off in an accident. Still a very sad event.
FloridaMike

Post by FloridaMike »

A helmet doesn't make us invulnerable. It protects our tender noggins, which really ARE surprisingly tender - walking into a wall at just 3 mph can actually kill you, if you do it just right (or just wrong, as the case may be).What a helmet really does is keep you from banging your brains out as you slide down the pavement. It will not save your life if you run directly into a tree, truck, or wall. Unfortunately, I've seen people buy full-face helmets, don them, and roar off at warp 7 because they just KNOW nothing can hurt them now . . .Florida has no helmet law (only required for under 18 year olds). The theory is that as an adult, we have the right to go to hell in the handbasket of our own choosing. Personally, I won't even sit on a motorcycle without wearing my helmet, but that's me - I see people riding big bikes (H-D) and fast street racers (XSZRT-1100 etc.) wearing flip-flops, cut-offs, and bareheaded, all the time. Is it legal? Yes. Is it smart? No way. Is it my place to dictate how other people should protect themselves? I don't think so, but I do wish they knew more about the risks they are taking, that might encourage them to go ATGATT (All the gear, all the time). Is it hot in Florida, too hot for leather? Yes, but I'd much rather sweat some than get a case of road rash - I'm told it hurts like hell and heals very slowly.Life has risk. We pick the things we are willing to risk, sometimes we get bitten.Best Regards,FloridaMike
johnbirchjar

Post by johnbirchjar »

I agree whole heartedly with Florida Mike,no matter how hot the weather I always wear my leathers.When I had my moped/scooter hire shop in Mallorca I saw to meaney a young teenager scared for life as the result of coming of(even at slow speed)wearing nothing but a Tshirt,shorts & flipflops,(the A&E ward was NOT a nice place to have to visit,)ride safe,J.B.