The nicest people

gripper

The nicest people

Post by gripper »

I regularly trawl the USA based accessnorton website and the NOC website and I'm amazed at just how nasty some of the threads have become. The NOC thread on the problems with the 961 and the american site thread about the latest upgraded Amal carbs are just astounding but quite entertaining. In each case the same characters pop up with monotonous regularity. One, on each forum, ie, two people, is critical of machinery that they don't even own. You don't need to watch tv with entertainment like that available. ROC members can all be proud of their friendly and civilised manner.
Richard Negus

Re: The nicest people

Post by Richard Negus »

I haven't bothered reading the US Amal thread so wasn't aware of the aggro - but the NOC forum has two anoraks, one in the US and one in Yorkshire, who seem to be at each other's throats all the time. Amusing at first, but now I wish they'd just go away.Rotary owners are such nice people!
Just a bike-less old fogey now. Boo-hoo!
Interpol2471

Post by Interpol2471 »

Crumbs problems with the 961, I thought they only had one issue and that is I dont have one red face
Various rubbish in various states of decay.....
Richard Negus

Post by Richard Negus »

Interpol2471 wrote: I thought they only had one issue and that is I dont have one red face
You, and several others who have put money down, apparently - but I'm not allowed to post that on 'their' forum or I'll get moderated.I read the US forum later and was amazed how heated the comments were, and all about vintage piston engined bikes too.Good here, innit?
Just a bike-less old fogey now. Boo-hoo!
Interpol2471

Post by Interpol2471 »

Happy dayz Very Happy
Various rubbish in various states of decay.....
Wayne

Post by Wayne »

Anoraks from Yorkshire, I don’t believe it evil ? we are very lucky in our club that we have ex Norton personnel and other members who work on the bikes for a living and are more than happy to provide us with there knowledge. As was mentioned on the Noc website by one of our esteemed members we are a small club where a lot of the regular poster on the forum actually know each other not just in cyberspace. I have to admit that I do find it difficult to put stuff in writing and am very aware its easy to cause offence which is not intended, There are also quite a few people involved or were invold with rotarys who are not interested in forums but are still happy provide assistance and knowledge. I believe we are in a very privilege situation owning wonderful bikes, made by brilliant engineers and members of the best Norton club going Very Happy Regards Wayne
kanonkopdrinker
Site Admin

Post by kanonkopdrinker »

Yep, I really don't envy Tim Harrison (NOC Chairman) at the moment ... damned if he does, damned if he doesn't ...Luckily, the one or two ****holes I have encountered (and in thirty years of running the ROC, they were never more than that number) soon left the rotary scene and are probably even now making some other poor sod's life unnecessarily difficult.Long may the ROC continue to attract the creme de la cremeDC
johnbirchjar

Post by johnbirchjar »

Amen to that,J.B.