New OCR bargain

Interpol2471

New OCR bargain

Post by Interpol2471 »

Has anyone else seen that Van Veen are producing ten more OCR 1000's for a bargain £85,000.00 must ring them up and make an order. All I need to do is find that chap that likes buying Rotaries off eBay at highly inflated prices red face
Various rubbish in various states of decay.....
Rotor 1

Re: New OCR bargain

Post by Rotor 1 »

Yes , I have seen it, and a test ride is publised in "Motor en toerisme" ( Belgium magazien) last august 2010.For that € 85000 you get a two years warranty.Rotor 1
Richard Negus

Post by Richard Negus »

85,000 Euro and a two year warranty. Bargain. Very Happy
Just a bike-less old fogey now. Boo-hoo!
Malc

Post by Malc »

A REAL BARGAIN would be my BSA Royal Star which is currently on e-bay, so if the person who pays good money for rotaries would like to bid! Never raced or rallied (well not this one), so could be yours, finishes tomorrow. As this is the first vehicle I have put on e-bay, I am getting e-mails from a Swiss gentleman wanting to bid even though I have put UK bidders only. Says he will arrange crating and transport but having never sold abroad I am very wary and the bike has met its reserve to a UK bidder.Any comments about selling abroad and what in particular to be careful of appreciated.MalcNow I must not buy another rotary, I must not buy another another rotarey, I must not buy another rotary Zzzzzzzz
rustynuts

Post by rustynuts »

Malc wrote:Any comments about selling abroad and what in particular to be careful of appreciated.
My usual reply to foreign bidders is that they can buy if they can arrange to have a bundle of used £20 notes thrust into my greasy palm. With most other ways there is too much scope for being scammed - many payment methods allow the payment to be taken back, even though it appears to have cleared in your account. Unsurprisingly, all foreign buyers seem to go silent after I make that demand.
Assen

Post by Assen »

I hope one of the new vanVeen's is turning up at the Dutch Rotarymeet near Assen in September. Very Happy
Malc

Post by Malc »

Thanks for that info rustynuts, I will take your advice.Malc
Richard Negus

Post by Richard Negus »

Malc wrote:Now I must not buy another rotary, I must not buy another another rotarey, I must not buy another rotary Zzzzzzzz
I see we all managed to avoid the IP2-without-an-engine-or-V5-for £600 then.I was tempted, couldn't stand the embarassment if I was found to be the only bidder.
Just a bike-less old fogey now. Boo-hoo!
gripper

Post by gripper »

The engineless IP2 was tempting as a good source of spares. The discs and tyres would have probably covered £600. I thought of getting it and grafting in a motor from something completely different, bit difficult with the primary drive on the right. Ran it past Mrs E evil and that was the end of that. cry