Spot the ROC decal

Richard Negus

Spot the ROC decal

Post by Richard Negus »

Mid-West Engines had a kit-built light aircraft to develop and demonstrate their fuel-injected version of the twin-rotor engine, carrying registration number G-OMWE (Go-MWE). That aircraft ended up in Germany when MWE was closed and I rather expected that it had been abandoned there by now.Not so, it's still complete and flying and I recently acquired the attached photo.I don't remember if the ROC decal was applied at Mid-West, or is a more recent addition, but it's almost ceratinly the only one that gets so far off the ground.
G-OMWE[1].jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Just a bike-less old fogey now. Boo-hoo!
Richard Negus

That "Ach, Scheiss" moment

Post by Richard Negus »

I just heard tonight that the aircraft was on its way to Gloucester last weekend for its annual inspection, and had to turn back to Germany due to adverse weather.The weather worsened and it came down in some woods in France.Totally destroyed, but the pilot had only minor injuries, fortunately.
Wrecked.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Just a bike-less old fogey now. Boo-hoo!
gripper

Re: Spot the ROC decal

Post by gripper »

Glad to hear the crew were safe. Is the engine OK? wink I suppose it could be built into another aircraft (or something else) once the air investigation authorities have finished with it. They will have to prove the engine so I expect it will end up in a million bits. Seems strange that fuel injection never made it onto the road machines. Even Royal Enfields have FI now.
Steve Gee

Post by Steve Gee »

Just found this, it certainly looks a compact engine for a plane.
Steve Gee

Post by Steve Gee »

And this, with a commander lurking in the background, whose colour scheme would that be ?