Another sad day

tripleblack

Another sad day

Post by tripleblack »

Read an article in the Dutch Motoplus magazine that Hans Jurgen Klusowski died on the 11th of March in Lindau. He was the project leader on the famous Van Veen OCR rotary motorbike, and after some time at Osram he got involved in Wankel Research & Development where he made a large contribution to the rotary engine. He died at the age of 67. Wasnt't he on this forum as well?
Richard Negus

Re: Another sad day

Post by Richard Negus »

I'm sorry to hear of his passing, although information received some months ago suggested it was imminent.I worked with him at Diamond Aircraft in Austria around 2002/3 on rotary engine manufacture, and had many relaxing evenings with a beer ot two in Cafe Katana there.A true gentleman of the old school.R.
H-J Klusowski 001.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Just a bike-less old fogey now. Boo-hoo!
kanonkopdrinker
Site Admin

Post by kanonkopdrinker »

I remember Mr Klusowski putting a NSU Spider (500cc single rotor) engine into a BMW R50/5 sort of frame - probably back in the 1960's ....
Richard Negus

Post by Richard Negus »

kanonkopdrinker wrote:I remember Mr Klusowski putting a NSU Spider (500cc single rotor) engine into a BMW R50/5 sort of frame - probably back in the 1960's ....
Yes, he was very proud of that - and kept photographs in his wallet.R.
Just a bike-less old fogey now. Boo-hoo!