The grey is going...

Interpol2471

The grey is going...

Post by Interpol2471 »

For all of you out there that I know love the grey / black patches on my IP2 fairing will be glad to know I have a fairing being prepaired at a local spray shop as we speak. Sad to say it's going to be plain old white but I am having flush fitting indicators fitted and the front of the fairing smoothed in to get rid of the big indicator holes, I also hope to fit a side light above the headlight similar as fitted to the BM's and also fit a xenon headlight conversion. I want to keep the daylight running lights and also the standard mirrors just so you can see she still is an IP2 but just streamlined a bit. I hope to cut some nice cooling vents into the lower panels to get some airflow thru the otherwise blocked panels, any thoughts on this? Very Happy I also have a seat being recovered and trimmed by Trimmania in Reading thanks to Andy Elcocks who did some swaps with me and two wheels being recoated in a special multi layer finish by My Alloys in Basingstoke so they should look fantastic cool With the new fairing plastics supplied by NML and Startrights I think in the next few weeks the bike should look absolutely fantastic so watch out for the new pictures soon. What to do next ?
Various rubbish in various states of decay.....
Richard Negus

Re: The grey is going...

Post by Richard Negus »

Interpol2471 wrote: What to do next ?
Make the back of the tank narrower, and the seat to match ! Have a look at '1010' (ex-Norton development bike) updated by Reuben F. and now owned by Frank W. A skilled bit of panel beating at a standard IP2 tank makes it narrower and much more comfortable to ride.R.
Just a bike-less old fogey now. Boo-hoo!
Pike

Post by Pike »

I'm glad someone else thinks the std IP2 seat is a bit "John Wayne". Riding mine feels like getting intimate with an elephant. (Not that I have first hand experience)
Interpol2471

Post by Interpol2471 »

Well I have some more up to date pictures on the gallery, just waiting for the new screen from Startrights now and some rivnuts Very Happy
gripper

Post by gripper »

Trimmania did my Commander seat and made a good job of it. Not cheap though at £100, still, a good job is worth the money. Could be a good move to put some holes in the back face of the lower fairing panels to improve the airflow.
Interpol2471

Post by Interpol2471 »

Thanks to Graham at Startrights for his hard work getting me the new screen.. looks great Very Happy