door lock grief

johnbirchjar

door lock grief

Post by johnbirchjar »

Hi guys,
I have VW Jetta on a 07 plate,only done 50,000 miles,with me as the 3rd owner,anyway,I am having all sorts of grief with the electronic door locks,eg the drivers door will not open using the Fob,has to be manually opened with the Ign: key,none of the passenger doors open with the Fob,and have to be opened from the inside,exept the boot lid,that will only open using the Fob,most frustrating,I have a spare Fob that came with the car and looks like it hasn't been used much at all but using this makes no differance,so I don't think the problem is dirty contacts in the Fob.If I could,I would do away with the electronic Fob and just have manual central locking using the Ign;key(like that on my old Bora)any idea if this is possible?a very frustrated,J.B.
draxdave

Re: door lock grief

Post by draxdave »

Hi JB, when did you last change the fob battery ?? I renew mine, inc the spare, every couple of years or so, worth a try ?? Regards dp
johnbirchjar

Post by johnbirchjar »

That is the next thing on my list,thanks,J.B.
johnbirchjar

Post by johnbirchjar »

New batt's,no difference evil,may have to learn to live with it and adjust.
rustynuts

Post by rustynuts »

Most likely the lock units containing the solenoid actuators in the doors are faulty. This happened on the other half's Golf of a similar age, which has long since gone to the scrap yard. The lock units are quite cheap, £20 ish I recall, but replacing them is a complete pain in the **!£$%, removing the door trims, possibly the window glass etc.
johnbirchjar

Post by johnbirchjar »

If replacing the lock actuators is as bad as replacing the window winding mechanism on a Bora I will learn to live with it,as you say, "Getting the door panels off is a real pain in the xxxxx,"J.B.