Vulcan bomber

Steve Gee

Vulcan bomber

Post by Steve Gee »

Nothing to do with bikes (although come to think of it my interpol is nearly as noisy and smokey !) but an amazing achievement by the Vulcan to the sky trust,they have got pledges of over a million pounds from the public, to keep Vulcan bomber XH558 airworthy for another year, it was in serious danger of being grounded for good. Can`t wait to ride to an airshow or two and see this mighty machine in action once more.
Richard Negus

Re: Vulcan bomber

Post by Richard Negus »

I have a special affection for the Vulcan, as during a summer vacation from Manchester Uni., I worked (attended ?) for six weeks at the Avro Whitworth factory at Blackley where they were being made. Making honeycomb aluminium panels was a novelty, as was watching an enormous hydraulically-powered machine tool stretch aluminium sheets over a three-dimensional concrete form to produce nacelles.The highlight was going to Woodford airfield to sit inside a new Vulcan and then watch it being tested. Incredible power and noise !That was 46 years ago.R.
Just a bike-less old fogey now. Boo-hoo!
Derek Nicol
Site Admin

Post by Derek Nicol »

Saw the Vulcan fly over Milton Keynes last Thursday heading East, i just popped out to the shops and was driving up the road, looked up and there it was. My first thought, for a split second, was whats Concorde doing up there? then i realised what it was. Never seen it before.
Dell Boy

Post by Dell Boy »

Same thing, riding up the A5 to Donington I saw this Delta wing & couldn`t work out if it was Concord or a microlight!! Derek.
kanonkopdrinker
Site Admin

Post by kanonkopdrinker »

I knew a joke once about Mr Spock, Vulcans, and the runway at Port Stanley Airport .... but this forum is not the place for such smut.DC
Dell Boy

Post by Dell Boy »

Why not? Derek.
Richard Negus

Post by Richard Negus »

kanonkopdrinker wrote:I knew a joke once about Mr Spock, Vulcans, and the runway at Port Stanley Airport .... but this forum is not the place for such smut.DC
C'mon David, we're all ageing juveniles here !R.
Richard Negus

Re: Coy DC

Post by Richard Negus »

Here's a couple of easy ones to start you off :Met my mate in a pub last night ; he told me that he'd had sex with twins the night before.That sounds great, I said, but how do you tell them apart ?Easy, says he, her brother's got a beard.I hate all this terrorist business. I used to love the days when you could look at an unattended bag on a bus or train and think "I'll have that !"R.