DKW / Hercules Info Please

andygbsmith

DKW / Hercules Info Please

Post by andygbsmith »

Can somebody give me info on a DKW / Hercules?I've been interesed in them for some time but haven't been able to find one to look at or possibly buy.I have found a couple of magazine tests but other than production years and weight, very limited info.What are they like to live with, how much oil should they consume, are the brakes adequet, what is the seat height?Please can someone help me, I love the idea of this different querky motorcycle but everyone seems to keep hold of them and I've never seen one on the road.ThanksJanine Smith
kanonkopdrinker
Site Admin

Re: DKW / Hercules Info Please

Post by kanonkopdrinker »

Can somebody give me info on a DKW / Hercules?I've been interesed in them for some time but haven't been able to find one to look at or possibly buy.I have found a couple of magazine tests but other than production years and weight, very limited info.What are they like to live with, how much oil should they consume, Petroil, about 25:1 with ordinary unleaded petrol .... or the 'oil - injection' version, about the same, I guess. I use the same Rotella DD+40 as I do in the Nortons.are the brakes adequet, The single Grimeca disc is excellent for its time - but probably modern brakes would show it for what it is. Much depends on the choice of pad material.what is the seat height?Nice and low - ideal for the shorter inside leg rider. Margaret is very happy with hers.Please can someone help me, I love the idea of this different querky motorcycle but everyone seems to keep hold of them and I've never seen one on the road.Where in the country are you?; there might be a W2000 owning member not too far away...DC
andygbsmith

Re: DKW / Hercules Info Please

Post by andygbsmith »

Thanks for the infoWe are looking for a bike for Janine who is 5'6" tall so a low seat height sounds good.We live just outside of Winchester in Hampshire, I assume that they carry there weight low as well.ThanksAndy