New Norton Rotary part 2

David Brown

New Norton Rotary part 2

Post by David Brown »

Hi all,Get the new issue of Motorcycle Sport & Leisure is well worth a read and continues where it left off in in the August 2008 issue.It talks abou the the new Rotary race and production bikes, a single rotor and possible even a triple rotor Norton. Wow! I bet that sounds good. Will it happen? Not sure. It would be good if it did. I thought there were IPR issues. How does reverse engineering work, anybody?Norton has several engineering companies in the UK that are able to make engine components.Hopefully get some interesting comments once everyone has read it.Oh also covers the new Commando.Hope to meet up with fellow rotary motorcyclist out and about this year.David
Steve Gee

Re: New Norton Rotary part 2

Post by Steve Gee »

I had read the article, and to be honest was a little dissapointed, there was not a lot different to the previous article, the only news being the possibility of a single and triple rotary engine. I have just bought this weeks motorcycle news as it includes a report on the new Norton factory at Donington, it seems that plans for "smaller or larger rotary bikes are no longer being considered" also no mention of the possible conflict of rights with NML, has this been resolved or just ignored ? Much as I am looking forward to the return of Norton I will wait untill something other than plans and promises come out of the factory before I get too excited !
Interpol2471

Re: New Norton Rotary part 2

Post by Interpol2471 »

I have heard that there are now no plans for a Rotary Road bike only the existing race bikes will be rotary. The road bikes will be of the Commando design when finalised.
Various rubbish in various states of decay.....