Forum Spring Clean

kanonkopdrinker
Site Admin

Forum Spring Clean

Post by kanonkopdrinker »

Taking a leaf from the RE5 Discussion group's book, it's probably time we conducted a clean-up of forum users; some have never posted a single item or contributed in any way ...
Others may well have passed on, or lost interest in rotaries - and so no longer need to be in the list of forum users.
It may just be a case of, 'I've forgotten how to log into it ....'
And others might be spammers who have slipped through the net.
Please don't feel offended if, in the next few months, you get an email from me asking whether or not you still wish to remain a member of the ROC forum.

Cheers,

David
tim harrison

Re: Forum Spring Clean

Post by tim harrison »

Hi David

some of us are lookers rather than posters. I accept of course that if everyone was the same in this respect there would be no posts at all. One thing that may be worth a look is how to improve the announcements section. Many of us attend various local events and camping weekends etc and if we could encourage members to post "where they are taking their rotary this weekend" others may join them. At the moment this section is only really used to announce the relatively few major events which the club is attending.

Keep up the good work.

Tim
kanonkopdrinker
Site Admin

Post by kanonkopdrinker »

Graham, there may be merit in Tim's idea .... can it be done?

I wonder if we could lose the Norton Rotary Enthusiasts' Club piece, given that the NREC folded many years ago and its members absorbed into the ROC?

DC
Wayne

Post by Wayne »

Hi David and Tim

I agree the Norton section could be removed or locked to view only section.

On the activity's/shows, it seams a lot of people are using the FB https://www.facebook.com/groups/550319891671892/ to announce attendance ect,

The large events are a pain to enter, the main shows want to know how many bikes, number of people, area required. The shows want this information now and generally not over subscribed, I end up ringing round in the final two weeks before the show. Its due to the shows entry requirements people publicise the event months before the event.

Regards Wayne