Epitrochoid magazine

jpsrob

Epitrochoid magazine

Post by jpsrob »

I am sorry to say that I am seriously giving up producing the club magazine, this is solely due to the lack of content that is sent for inclusion.For the current issue I am preparing I have 16 empty pages.So its up to you all out there in ROC land.......Do you still want a club magazine?
johnbirchjar

Re: Epitrochoid magazine

Post by johnbirchjar »

I definitely do!! I am in the process of putting together an article of my journey to the NOC rally in Italy(and back) cool, it is quite lengthy,(we were away fifteen days)so is taking a while,but hopefully I will get it finnished in time for the next mag,try not to dispaire cry,rgds,J.B.
FloridaMike

Post by FloridaMike »

A few (not many) years ago I had a friend visit an aviation convention in Moscow. VAZ automobiles was making an aero-engine conversion of their two and three rotor Wankels - design originally "borrowed" from Mazda, who complained about the total lack of licensing fees, USSR said "Da, and what do you intend to do about it?" After USSR went away, VAZ said, "Well we don't have any money, so there's nothing WE can do about it either." Eventually the patents expired . . .Anyway, I have a BUNCH of good color photos of these engines and some background commentary and text (specifications, etc.). If you'd like I'll send them along, it isn't a two-wheel application, but it IS a Wankel, if you are interested, let me know ;-)Best RegardsMike in Florida
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
jpsrob

Post by jpsrob »

Mike... that would be great....email heskethrob@hotmail.co.uk
mfremlin

Post by mfremlin »

I think you will be ok this month. I have just got back from a 15 country road trip to Istanbul and back and am half way through scribbling a few words for an article for the magazine. Regards, Mark.
cdrkeith

Post by cdrkeith »

As a new rotary owner, and having only read half a doz issues of ‘Epitrochoid’, I’d be quite happy to see old articles recycled ! Or anything about Norton rotaries at all ! I’ll produce a short article about my trip abroad this August on my new-to-me Commander – nothing v ambitious, just Spain & France.Just say the word if there’s any practical help I can provide to produce the mag……..I have no doubt that it is v important for the club that it continues.K
euromotors

Post by euromotors »

Hello
i don't receive this magazine anymore
can you see what is wrong ?
regards

willy
BlackIP2

Post by BlackIP2 »

The mag is very welcome so it would be a shame to lose it, but it can be frustrating for the editor with the - perceived - lack of interest shown by not getting any articles. If it's any consolation, this is a problem with many club mags!
As a recent IP2 owner, I also think the idea of recycling older articles is a good idea, especially technical stuff, as we newer members will not have seen any of these before. I'm planning a rebuild of mine over the winter and will document if for a write up.
kanonkopdrinker
Site Admin

Post by kanonkopdrinker »

Hello Willy,

If you are the Willy I think you are, in Belgium .... I believe the reason you are not getting the club magazine any more, is because you did not renew your subscription to the club in 2017 .... nor even in 2016 - as far as I can tell.

David
johnbirchjar

Post by johnbirchjar »

Hang on in there Rob,once I have compleated the conversion from air cooled to water cooled on the Classic I intend to write an article for the club mag:(It will be almost as long as "War and Peace" wink)ride safe,J.B.
Interpol2471

Post by Interpol2471 »

Hi Rob I have an article coming on Popham and rebuilding engines.
Various rubbish in various states of decay.....