F1 first ride

Interpol2471

F1 first ride

Post by Interpol2471 »

Hi All I have at last finished my F1 and cant wait to get her on the road to get a few miles under my belt, recovering from operation well so hopefully soon.Only query after rebuilding the clutch slave cylinder which was carefully bled I could feel a slight pulsing feeling thru the lever when fully pulled in under load. I checked everything and cleaned out the primary found nothing and now it has cleared after running the bike thru the gearbox a few times, any clues or ideas anyone all I can think it was a sticky plate causing a fluctuation which could be felt thru the clutch fluid and lever?Well its gone and feels perfect lol Very Happy
Norton%20F1%20044s.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Various rubbish in various states of decay.....
steve traynor

Re: F1 first ride

Post by steve traynor »

hi paul hpoe you are ok bike looks great what have you had to do to it and do use any metal polishers localrgds steve
Interpol2471

Post by Interpol2471 »

Hi Steve mainly things that have suffered from standing and not being used starting from the front and working back to see what leaked next wink No sorry I do all of my own polishing Very Happy
johnbirchjar

Post by johnbirchjar »

Hi 2471,I don't suppose you would like to polish my Classic for me smiley?the old artharitas in my thumbs gives me all sorts of grief, evil (a half serious request wink)rgds,J.B.
Interpol2471

Post by Interpol2471 »

I wish I had time to do everything I need to do John I need to leave work and set up my own repair shop ....Found the clutch issue on my F1 the thrust bearing had been fitted the wrong way round meaning the bearing centre was slowly being pushed out against the oil pump drive union..... now to make a clutch adapter for the clutch tool to enable me to remove the circlip retainer ring.More to do.....