Approved dealers in 1988

NortonLE086

Approved dealers in 1988

Post by NortonLE086 »

Browsing through the paper work included with the Classic No 073 at the recent Bonhams Stafford Auction was a list of approved dealers dating from 1988 on Shenstone headed paper. No such list came with the paperwork included with my bike but I would quite like a copy purely for historic interest. I recall Carl Rosner in Croydon was on the list from whom I have bought a couple of Triumphs over the years, but I didn't memorise any of the others. Does any one have one that they could scan or photocopy for circulation?Many thanks, Michael.
Michael Lant
johnbirchjar

Re: Approved dealers in 1988

Post by johnbirchjar »

There was a guy in Witham "Don"? who sold the rotories in that area,and I believe a shop in Southend was another,don't know who though,it was all a bit before I got involved with the "rotary" scene,(allthough I did visit Don in Witham looking for the special plugs that Norton recomended for their rotories,and it was him that told me to fit the NGK8s that the old girl has run on ever since wink )J.B.
Ian

Post by Ian »

I bought my 1992 Commander from Don in 1995. The shop was Bridge Street Motorcycles in Witham and it's still there though I doubt Don is. I swapped a Honda CB500 for it. The bike had been Don's demonstrator, sold to a customer, bought back, used as a demo again, then I bought it. Don dropped it on my drive when he delivered it! He also had a royal blue Commander there with a siezed engine (run out of oil) that he tried to sell me for spares. Never seen another in that colour.Couldn'thave been too bad an experience though; I went back a few years later to buy Don's IP2!
Dell Boy

Post by Dell Boy »

Carl Rosner. SandersteadReg Allen. West EalingDon Hunt. Witham.One in Plymouth whose name I cannot recall.Derek.
NortonLE086

Post by NortonLE086 »

Thanks guys. The Plymouth dealer would have been Terry Hobbs I think. Any other memories? Were Allan Jeffries in Shipley Rotary dealers?
Michael Lant
Steve Gee

Post by Steve Gee »

I'm pretty sure Carnells in Doncaster were dealers for a while, I seem to remember one of the bike mags testing a Commander demonstrator on loan from them.
Wayne

Post by Wayne »

Alan Jefferies defiantly were an approved dealer, they had commanders and F1's in the show room, never saw a f1 sport though. I normally bump in to Nick at the classic tt and have a chat. I bought my F1 from nick.Graham was a authorised agent as well to my knowledge.