Best Intercom

Anthony Duffield
Site Admin

Best Intercom

Post by Anthony Duffield »

All,I am considering the purchase of an intercom so that my wife does not have to make hand gestures, which I do not understand, when she wants to stop for a break or thinks I have taken the wrong turning, going too fast etc etc.My question is does anyone use or can recommend an intercom?I am aware that this may not be such a good idea but as long as it has an off button it might just be OK!Many thanksTony
Joe

Re: Best Intercom

Post by Joe »

Hello Tony, My misses still makes hand gestures to me and I have an intercom. Anyway, the best intercom I ever had was an Autocom system. It was great quality, cristal clear and British made and all spares are available for a good price too. The only problem was my version was wired which I sometimes forgot when stopping for fuel, a quick yank and it uncouples but they now make a wireless system, I don't have any experiance of this. I only replaced the Autocom due to a helmet upgrade switching to Nolan which offered an integral bluetooth system. This was pants and had to go back, the battery would only last a couple of hours and it wasn't load enough. It was repaired under guarentee but they cut out and very badly the helmit linning which I wasn't very happy with. This was all done through the now defunct Hein Gericke so I had no comeback.I met some great fellow ROC members in Germany a few years back whom use a Scala Rider system. It's wireless and depending on what model you go for can have a rang of one mile providing you have line of sight. It also has a stereo music tuner so you can sing to your misses whilst riding and the battery last 12 hours, that a lot of singing. I will be upgrading to the Scarla next helmit change unless something better comes up. shame I can't sing. Regards, Joe.
Ian

Post by Ian »

Agree with Joe.We've been using the Cardo G4 Powerset. Fits on the helmets, no wires. Bluetooth equipped, works as an intercom with voice activation, music from you phone by Bluetooth, similarly a satnav, built in FM radio, voice controlled and all prioritisable. Battery life is well over 24 hours, USB recharging.SWMBO reckons it's money well spent. She still uses hand gestures though.Ian
Anthony Duffield
Site Admin

Post by Anthony Duffield »

Joe/Ian,Great feedback thanks for taking the time to share your experiences.I will let you know what I eventually end up with.Tony
johnbirchjar

Post by johnbirchjar »

Hi guys, your chat reminds me of a story I heard some years ago when helmet intercoms first came out.Hubby,"I've paid fortunes for this intercom,why is yours seldom on"?Wife"'cos I don't want to talk to you".No answer to that is there smiley.J.B.