Classic rear lenses

Richard Negus

Classic rear lenses

Post by Richard Negus »

I'm going to need rear light lenses, both red and yellow, for a Classic attacked from the rear by white-van-no-insurance-man.There were threads a while ago about such lenses - but did anyone actually do anything about making new ones?If not, I'll have to do it - any expressions of interest for a few spares to dilute the unit cost?R.
Just a bike-less old fogey now. Boo-hoo!
Interpol2471

Re: Classic rear lenses

Post by Interpol2471 »

plus one as you can guess
Various rubbish in various states of decay.....
kanonkopdrinker
Site Admin

Post by kanonkopdrinker »

RichardI wonder if this is something the club might be able to assist with? Maybe by buying an extra (say) 10 x red and 10 x amber?What sort of price might you be thinking of per unit?DC
Richard Negus

Post by Richard Negus »

David, No idea of cost yet, but I have to make at least one of each for the Classic insurance job.I should get a better idea what's involved early next week.R.
Just a bike-less old fogey now. Boo-hoo!
Joe

Post by Joe »

Hello Richard, There's an English chap Stuart( t140v) over on the RE5 forum and possibly this forum from oop North making lenses for Suzuki RE5's which he sells on fleebay and they look great. He makes the moulds from silicon and uses various resins to match the colour for what ever market they're for. It's an inexpensive process with good results and no minimum quantity, may be worth looking at this avenue? Even his early attempts were superb with just a few air bubbles which he's now ironed out. Although I do have a few spares for my Classic I'm happy to have a few more if it helps with making up a decent size order. Kind regards, Joe.
johnbirchjar

Post by johnbirchjar »

Hi Richard,Put me down for a set smiley,J.B.
TRIDENT

Post by TRIDENT »

Hi Richaard,Have not yet got a classic but well may be interested in a spare set,keep in touch with cost,s.
Ageing Rotarian

Post by Ageing Rotarian »

Evening Gents, just picked up on the thread and was wondering if you had any joy with the rear lenses? I was looking at getting them reproduced and as Joe said they can be made from Alumilite resin. on investigation this was not readily available in the U.K and to get a special shipment from (the very helpful) Alumilite Corp in the states was expensive. The resin molds seemed quite easy to make and the trick with the resin was to place it in a vacuum to take out the bubbles created by the mixing process. I found an old article that mentioned a hobbyist that may be able to supply so if you havn't had any joy then I will continue to explore what is possible?Please adviseRoy
t140v

Post by t140v »

Did you get any further with your replacement lenses Richard Regards Stuart (t140v)
tedcarter

Post by tedcarter »

depending on cost iwould like aset ted carter in new zealand