Motorcycle World, April, 1975

Charles Wilson

Motorcycle World, April, 1975

Post by Charles Wilson »

Hello everyone-Sometime ago - The Pleistocene Era, I believe - the NVT Group allowed a select few journalists to test one of the Norton Rotary Mules. There was an explosion of interest for a while and then silence. Out of this came a number of articles, including a writeup of a short blast by Cook Neilson into the countryside, an article by Jeremy Sumner in The Engineer and a long article that wound up in "Motor Cycle World", April, 1975. I used to have copies of all 3 and still hope to recover the lost article from The Engineer if the U of Michigan Engineering Library will come to me.The Motor Cycle World article is interesting for a coupla' reasons. The magazine was printed on newspaper stock, not glossy paper and when you scan it, the page comes out more gray than not with the pictures looking as if they were taken on a very overcast day. A few years ago, someone on one of the Norton sites ran a copy of it page for page with some attempt to lighten it. Whatever was done to it made the text unreadable.Now we have Linux and The GNU Image Manipulation Program. I found a copy of the MCW issue and have now scanned it, lightened it and the result is a very readable copy of the Norton Rotary as it was in late 1974. I can also scan the Neilson article if need be. 'N others as well.Would there be any interest in this?Charles