Avon fairing headlamps???

rjg30091982

Avon fairing headlamps???

Post by rjg30091982 »

Morning all,I'm putting my commando Interpol back together and I'm inching closer to mot time but I have an avon fairing (at least I'm certain it's an avon fairing) and I need to buy the headlamp for it to be legal.Does anyone know how to get the right headlamp? How do I measure the holes to purchase or as this is a 70's item I imagine it fits a Morris minor or mini or some BL vehicle.Can anyone help, I'm tired of buying stuff meant to fit that in turn doesn't!!!!!!The photo is the one I have but it's not my bike.Many thanksRuss
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
P52 Police Commander (Dyfed Powys Police)\nIP2 (West Midlands Police)\nCommando Mk3 ES \nCommando Interpol (Hampshire Police)
rjg30091982

Re: Avon fairing headlamps???

Post by rjg30091982 »

Forgot to mention I have a blank hole in the fairing for the headlamp, I have nothing, no bracket no back piece or lamp itself I need the whole unit
P52 Police Commander (Dyfed Powys Police)\nIP2 (West Midlands Police)\nCommando Mk3 ES \nCommando Interpol (Hampshire Police)
JohnOR

Post by JohnOR »

HiIf the full fairing is similar to their handlebar fairings, then the headlamp is a standard 7 inch unitas fitted to Commandos,Bonnies,A65s etc the Lucas 700 which is the same size as fitted to Morris Minors,Minis,mk1 or mk2 Cortinas etc.. The reflector unit is held to a chrome rim by wire spring clips. The backing plate for the cars (which houses the adjusters is discarded) adjustment of beam is limited to fairing adjustment. The chrome rim usually clips into the fairing at the bottom and locked by a retainer clip at the top. (the lamp unit from your interpol2 would fit with a suitable rim.)Hope this helpsJohn
rjg30091982

Post by rjg30091982 »

Hi johnThanks for the update I will look for a 7" headlamp thenThanksRuss