Fairing screen.

Joe

Fairing screen.

Post by Joe »

Hello, I need to have a replacement fairing screen made for one of my bikes. There is absolutely no chance of anybody having any in stock so I'm wondering if anyone can recommend a suitable manufacture, preferably in England to help to support the country. Thanks in advance. Regards, Joe.
Anthony Duffield
Site Admin

Re: Fairing screen.

Post by Anthony Duffield »

Joe,This may not help much but I recently watched a video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SP60xiGl-Xo) that shows a screen considerably different to the screens I have seen on other Commanders.The video is of the Tay Valley Norton Owners Club Applecross outing, try contacting David Templeton "epn320@hotmail.co.uk" he might just know who the Commander owner is in the video.If successful please let me know.Tony
Richard Negus

Post by Richard Negus »

Was that really five years ago?The all-white Commander has the optional 'high' screen which is mostly the same as standard but 50 mm longer at the up-turned bit.The other Commander has a standard screen.
Just a bike-less old fogey now. Boo-hoo!
Dell Boy

Post by Dell Boy »

I need a Commander screen as well. Can we organise a batch to be made. Perhaps Andover can get some made. I reckon two or three get broken each year plus they are becoming opaque with age.Derek Fox.
kanonkopdrinker
Site Admin

Post by kanonkopdrinker »

I think Joe's comment that there is no chance that anyone will have one in stock is a hint that it might not be for a Commander ... or indeed any Norton .... wink
Joe

Post by Joe »

Spot on Dave.Joe.
Interpol2471

Post by Interpol2471 »

Hi Joe It may be worth speaking to Graham as he has a local company to him make the IP2 screens and the one I had from him was very good and has been on my bike for a few years now. Also Skidmarx I believe still produce screens in the UK so could also be worth a shout if you have an old pattern. Not looking for a screen for that old Citroen of yours wink
Various rubbish in various states of decay.....
Joe

Post by Joe »

Hello Paul, Yep, you guessed it. Thanks for the info.Regards, Joe.
Dell Boy

Post by Dell Boy »

Hello Joe,Were you looking for a fairing light panel a few months ago? Moving house is turning up a lot off stuff I didn`t realise I had. Derek Fox.
John in Leeds

Post by John in Leeds »

Anthony Duffield wrote:Joe,This may not help much but I recently watched a video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SP60xiGl-Xo) that shows a screen considerably different to the screens I have seen on other Commanders.The video is of the Tay Valley Norton Owners Club Applecross outing, try contacting David Templeton "epn320@hotmail.co.uk" he might just know who the Commander owner is in the video.If successful please let me know.Tony
It's Meeee!(The all white -der with the big screen.)Actually, this is the VERY Big Screen. Now replaced by a Big Screen from Graham, due to interfacing with melted tarmac in Norway last year. The standard screen being a cruel instrument of torture-by-hurricane at speeds above walking pace.And, yes, I do realise this is all irrelevant to the original query.John