Is it me?

Richard Negus

Is it me?

Post by Richard Negus »

I've recently had a problem logging in to this site (only). Messages like '403 Forbidden' and 'Plesk Parallels', and references to phpBB, etc. Something like this also happened a few weeks ago, but with assistance from another forum, I found a 'back door' way in.Is anyone else suffering, or know what's happening, as there's no mention from very recent posters.
Just a bike-less old fogey now. Boo-hoo!
JohnOR

Re: Is it me?

Post by JohnOR »

Hi RichardNo its not just you I have had to find this site via a search enginemy normal links not workingsimilar messages as yourselfNo idea of causeRegards John O'R
David Rodgers

Post by David Rodgers »

I have had the plesk parralles also. I assumed some maintenance was happening as the next day it was working again as per normal.David
kanonkopdrinker
Site Admin

Post by kanonkopdrinker »

I heard from Graham today that he had had to close down this site temporarily due to a high number of bogus attempts to register - which would have lead to this site being unusable.It looks like he has managed to sort a remedy luckily ....David
johnbirchjar

Post by johnbirchjar »

Yep, I've had the same problem,I have managed to get on our web page via "the back door" (more by luck than skill wink)rgds,J.B.
site admin
Site Admin

Post by site admin »

Many thanks for your patience,When the rogue registrations suddenly reached over 200 a day, I couldn't cope. I could see that David was deleting away merrily too.I've updated the forum, the anti spam is working well. Not sure why the avatars are missing but at least we have our forum back :-)Each area of the site, forum, gallery, clubshop, is a standalone site, I had the forum and gallery linked with a common login but the higher security in the latest software is proving difficult to link.If I had more time,during daylight hours, all would be well. Hospital visits come first so my time is limited.Many many thanks to you all for making the forum so special, it's more than I ever dreamed of, the level of technical understanding in the forum is a real joy for me to see.If you do find problems with the site, please do email me at graham@todaysimages.co.ukI can't sort problems 'til I know about them.Keep up the good work.Graham
Dell Boy

Post by Dell Boy »

And all your efforts are much appreciated Graham by all of us of that I am sure Graham.Many Thanks,Derek F.