Helmet stickers in France

johnbirchjar

Helmet stickers in France

Post by johnbirchjar »

Hi guys,a rather interesting article in the latest copy of MAG caught my eye,helmet stickers in France!!,but the sizes required were given in mmtrs (18mm2) evil the only size that I could understand was a circle of at least 40mm dia:and as I am off to the wilds of Belgium at the end of the week can someone please convert this size to old money for this old biker?(the fines are swinging, 135euros!!)hope to see some of you at Popham tomorrow,ride safe,J.B.
david4007

Re: Helmet stickers in France

Post by david4007 »

Hi John,18mm2 is approx 3/4" x 3/4"For a trip down to Normandy in June I used a couple of inches of reflective tapeon each side and also front and back.For what it's worth not one of the riders on the ferry had stickers on.I didn't see one in France or even a policeman !!!Hope this is of some use.David.
johnbirchjar

Re: Helmet stickers in France

Post by johnbirchjar »

Hi Dave,you sure about the 3/4" each side? 'cos I don't think a 40mm diameter circle will fit in a square 3/4" down each side smiley,the memsahib(she's much cleverer than me cool ) seems to think that 1"and 5/8ths is about right. The general sensuse of opinion at Popham on Sunday seems to be "Nobody bothers, least of all the police" wink )I have some reflective sticky tape so I'll put some on,just to be safe,take care,rgds,J.B.PS,Many thanks again to Paul(+his memsahib)and "Rotary Roy" for putting on the rotary stand at Popham,well worth the trip,hope the rotarians that made the effort to go made it safely back home,ride safe,J.B.