NORTON RALLY USA BUFFALO WYOMING

bodgerbloke52

NORTON RALLY USA BUFFALO WYOMING

Post by bodgerbloke52 »

Where were you all? my Commander was the only Norton Rotary there, caused quite a stir.Superb ride from here in Spokane, 700 miles there, 800 back because I took the exquisite Wyoming high country passes through Ten Sleep and up to Yellow Stone Park. Thirty minutes after leaving Buffalo I was up at the top of a pass at 9700', most of the way is at 6000. At one point a huge Elk ambled across the road ahead of me. Typical of the American west, traffic is virtually none existent, no R E O's (revenue enhancement operatives) Just me and the rotater.Yellowstone is full of Elk, Bison, Bear and other smaller game, all stunningly beautiful with high country lakes, snow capped mountains and of course the geysers gushing steam at every turn.The Commander did very well indeed, averaged 42 mpg (US gallon). Yesterday we covered the 475 miles from West Yellowstone to home in 7 hours including fuel stops for bike and rider. Leaving West Yellowstone at 7,30 it was decidedly chilly due to the 6500' elevation. I was soon making wardrobe adjustments as the temps rose into the nineties.The Commander is like riding on a magic carpet, comfortable, so smooth as it cruises effortlessly along in the low eighties as it smells the barn over the final 200 miles from Missoula Montana.Roger.
Charles Wilson

Re: NORTON RALLY USA BUFFALO WYOMING

Post by Charles Wilson »

Thank you for making my day!I can vouch for the beauty of the scenery.Congratulations on having a Norton Rotary with which to see it.CW