Did you know?

andy588tt

Did you know?

Post by andy588tt »

Hi To you all fellow bikersHere we go did you know that Norton Motorcycles have now made 35 bikes and sold them according to this web site.http://www.howmanyleft.co.uk/combined/n ... ewregLooks like something is happening Ride safe rotary fansAndy
Ha ha eat my oily clag !!!!!!
Wayne

Re: Did you know?

Post by Wayne »

Hi any This subject appeared on the norton owners club forum, I entered norton f1 and f1sport the result came back 0 dispite both my bikes been taxed so I advise taking these results with a pinch of saltRegards wayne
Richard Negus

Post by Richard Negus »

Andy, Wayne,It's not a web site about how many Nortons are left (as in remain), but how many left the manufacturer in the past few years and were registered in the UK. If a bike was sold but wasn't registered, or was exported, then it isn't includedThe data comes from the DVLA statistics of machine registrations, something not normally available to any but manufacturers, importers and such like.R.
Just a bike-less old fogey now. Boo-hoo!
Wayne

Post by Wayne »

Hi RichardIf you go to the actual web site and search, you can search licences and scorned 750 commandos which equate to 69. To my Production stopped in 73. According to the website my f1's should be there.I agree and as I said on the noc forum this website can not be used for nortons output, or even register uk bikesRegards Wayne
Richard Negus

Post by Richard Negus »

Wayne,I've been on that site several weeks ago when researching the outrageous claimed output of another manufacturer.As well as Norton Commando 961, you can also search Norton Commando 750, 850 and 920 and get results for new registrations for these old-style bikes.I assume these registrations are imports of old Nortons not previously UK-registered, and new-build bikes from Norvil Motorcycles who are licenced to produce bikes with Norton on the tank.For DVLA statistics, I believe an import when given an age-related registration number is still treated as a new registration.Unless you have registered your bikes in the last few years (which I doubt), your F1's won't be there because their registration was 'new' long before that site started in, I think, 2007.R.
Just a bike-less old fogey now. Boo-hoo!