Photos required of police commanders

rjg30091982

Photos required of police commanders

Post by rjg30091982 »

Hi all,Does anyone have any photos of the norton commander in police trim, even better in Dyfed Powys Police colours! Bikes ending UBX I assume like mine.I want to put the trim back on mine after the respray and I'd like to get as close to the original police trim as I can.Any photos greatly appreciated,Like wise any for the IP2 (west midlands police if possible)ThanksRuss
P52 Police Commander (Dyfed Powys Police)\nIP2 (West Midlands Police)\nCommando Mk3 ES \nCommando Interpol (Hampshire Police)
Richard Negus

Re: Photos required of police commanders

Post by Richard Negus »

Russ,Almost all of the Commanders left the factory in a fairly standard trim and without any of the go-faster stripes or force emblems.Bikes returned for service or repair hardly ever got photographed, but I'll see what I can find.R.
Just a bike-less old fogey now. Boo-hoo!
rjg30091982

Post by rjg30091982 »

Thanks Richard.Google and Flickr do not give any good results nor you tube, the only photo I have is really low quality but it shows the bike almost completely yellow on the panniers and the top of fairing in front of the bars but I can't zoom in on it!I want to finish my commander off, next will be the respray of the IP2CheersRuss
P52 Police Commander (Dyfed Powys Police)\nIP2 (West Midlands Police)\nCommando Mk3 ES \nCommando Interpol (Hampshire Police)
rjg30091982

Post by rjg30091982 »

Richard i sent you an email of this bike as well?does anyone recognise the bike? the livery is unusual for its year as most cars and bikes from the early 90's were lacking in such an amount of yellow livery, even where i live Cars didnt come with so much Livery until 2005.The bike looks like its got the Suffix GNO but i cant be sure, NO would be a Newcastle registration, the Volvo in the rear is AE which is a Peterborough registration although maybe not relevant.Does anyone recognise where this bike came from? the crest on the front of the bike isnt visible enough to ID the Constabulary.thanksRuss
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
rjg30091982

Post by rjg30091982 »

And to make it all a bit more confusing my bike is suppossed to be a Dyfed Powys bike but checking the VRM of mine the Suffix is BX which is a Birmingham reg? Richard any ideas? was my bike a Dyfed Powys Bike or a midlands force?
Richard Negus

Post by Richard Negus »

Hi Russ,Numbers please!Chassis, engine (which should be the same as the chassis), and registration if possible.R.
Just a bike-less old fogey now. Boo-hoo!
rjg30091982

Post by rjg30091982 »

Hi Richard,The engine and frame number are in docs in the UK, the VRM of mine is F777UBX hope this helps.did you recognise the bike in the photo?R