Cold weather riding.

Dell Boy

Cold weather riding.

Post by Dell Boy »

Had a pleasant ride out this afternoon, had been getting stir crazy not having ridden for a couple of days. Red Commander on the open road running at 79 degrees, not enough to open the thermostat so did not have the benefit of heat flowing back from the radiator.Derek F.
Interpol2471

Re: Cold weather riding.

Post by Interpol2471 »

Funny I had the similar problem on my AJS 16MS the other day the rad had no effect at all Very Happy and it was only running on one cylinder too..... never mind I bet my T150 will only run on three after all of the weather if I am lucky .... Stir crazy.. ME..!!!
Various rubbish in various states of decay.....
rustynuts

Post by rustynuts »

Not as crazy as the Guzzi rider I saw on Friday in Basingstoke making his way through 3 inches of snow. No surprise really as all Guzzi riders are crazy.
johnbirchjar

Post by johnbirchjar »

I remember as a teenager (with no other means of transport) being pulled out of my biking gear by mum & sis, absolutly frozen stiff!! so I will give it a miss thank you,but you carry on!!J.B.
Interpol2471

Post by Interpol2471 »

I had the same thing John riding back from Colchester Military Town to home in the snow, I stopped in the drive and my legs failed to go down from the pegs and then a big bang as I laid out on the drive either waiting for frost bite or the big thaw lol Brown paper down your leathers DOES NOT WORK.. cry
gripper

Post by gripper »

Colchester? they let you out then.
Interpol2471

Post by Interpol2471 »

MMMM yes I believe we have different sentences in mind ...lol I did visit the establishment in question but that was to repair a Land Rover and yes I was allowed out after..I guess as I fixed it Very Happy