Nortonash

What is it ?

Post by Nortonash »

I know what it is but who can tell me exactly what this Norton part is ? smiley
Nortonash

Re: What is it ?

Post by Nortonash »

It would help if I added a photo really Very Happy
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
wust588

Post by wust588 »

It looks similar to a Classic/Interpol/P52/3 gearbox end cover.It maybe a special of some sort.
Richard Negus

Post by Richard Negus »

Ash,Keep digging, you've probably got a complete one there somewhere..That's the cover plate for the RCW 'big box', similar to the cover plate for an IP2/Commander gearbox but bigger all round and the bearings further apart.Oh sorry, it didn't really exist - just a figment of our imagination smiley .R.
Just a bike-less old fogey now. Boo-hoo!
Malc

Post by Malc »

Yes, thats the gearbox plate that matches up to the R/H end plate i imagined I had!
Richard Negus

Post by Richard Negus »

Ash, You don't imagine a set of gears and selectors as well, by any chance?Or a clutch hub with a suspiciously big hole in the middle?I imagine I have several new double-row ball bearing that might fit that plate, with the bore ground out to 25.4 mm to suit the bigger input shaft. At least, I think I imagine that's what they are.R.
Just a bike-less old fogey now. Boo-hoo!
Nortonash

Post by Nortonash »

Richard, I can imagine several sets of gears, gearboxes cases, end plates, clutches blah blah blah. I have a great imagination. Very Happy
Nortonash

Post by Nortonash »

I'm not sure if I can imagine any of the special bearings to be honest ;)
Wayne

Post by Wayne »

Hi richard and ash i too have one of those and some of the aluminum spiders and blank spider castings, i thinks the spiders may break or bob went mad with the order book (lable with is moniker on them)We may be in look and thers a hord of gears bob orderd yet to be discoverd (i can dream too), pete found the bushes for me so you never knowRegards Wayne