What to do with the fairings

RotaryDane

What to do with the fairings

Post by RotaryDane »

Hi I've decided that my Interpol 2 is gonna be naked from here on out, but now I have no idea of what to do with the fairings.. Could anyone be interested in using them or are they just trash? Have the police blinkers, rear stop sign and air siren, all working also. A brand new steel tank, just primered and treated internally, too.Cheers.
johnbirchjar

Re: What to do with the fairings

Post by johnbirchjar »

From my own experiance I would not be in too great a hurry to trash the fairing,if you intend to ride your bike "in anger" over any sort of distance after a couple of journeys you may have second thoughts,is there anyway that the fairing can be modified to say a 3/4(like I did with the Sprint fairing on my Classic) or maybe even a 1/2?J.B.
Nortonash

Post by Nortonash »

I must admit if I was going to have any sort of fairing on an Interpol I would find a lightweight replacement from some other bike. The standard fairing apart from being amazingly ugly weighs an absolute ton. Put it on Ebay or bin it Very Happy
RotaryDane

Post by RotaryDane »

Nortonash wrote:I must admit if I was going to have any sort of fairing on an Interpol I would find a lightweight replacement from some other bike. The standard fairing apart from being amazingly ugly weighs an absolute ton.
My words excactly, and I have the girl on a strickt diet. Very Happy
Nortonash

Post by Nortonash »

I have the perfect petrol tank for you. wink Very Happy
johnbirchjar

Post by johnbirchjar »

Apon reflection,you are quite right,ugly and heavy,so find something modern and light,and good luck with the conversion ,fitting the Sprint fairing to the Classic was the cause of much pondering,mind you,my tools and equipment was/are very basic,( no lathes and welders in J.B.'s garage exclaim )
RotaryDane

Post by RotaryDane »

Nortonash wrote:I have the perfect petrol tank for you. wink Very Happy
Actually I am building my own, am doing her over as a new-age Cafe racer Very Happy For now no fairing, but the idea is on the table. Thanks for the input, have a ton of things to sell this next month so might as well get on it.
Interpol2471

Post by Interpol2471 »

Hi I might be able to help you find a home for your beautifully crafted items where are you in the uk? Send me a PM if you like. When it's raining there is no better fairing and I have everything but the flashers in my shed / sheds lol
Various rubbish in various states of decay.....
RotaryDane

Post by RotaryDane »

Here in DK we get our fair share of rain just as you, but I am still young so do not really mind getting a little wet. cool PM sent Very Happy