Where was I ?

TRL

Re: Where was I ?

Post by TRL »

rustynuts wrote:
TRL wrote:The only difference I see between the two photos is the different front mudguard and brake pipes.
You are so hot that you are almost as hot as an IP2 in a traffic jam in Calcutta.
I see it now. The front mudguard was fitted to the upper part of the fork leg rather than the wheel end, so that the mudguard would foul the wheel under load.
Steve Gee

Post by Steve Gee »

The February issue of Motorcycle Sport and Leisure just dropped through my letter box, complete with photo of the bike with the dodgy front mud guard, I'd like to see them change that as quickly ! Still no sign of a dual seat version which is the only one that would interest me ( if I could afford it )
Richard Negus

Post by Richard Negus »

" The front mudguard was fitted to the upper part of the fork leg rather than the wheel end, so that the mudguard would foul the wheel under load"I believe they've taken out a provisional patent on this self-servo brake system.
Just a bike-less old fogey now. Boo-hoo!
TRL

Post by TRL »

Richard Negus wrote:Ah yes ! The one with the oil pipes, no stand or mirrors, and the self-servo front brake.
You got there first again Richard, now I understand the comment about the front brake.
rustynuts

Post by rustynuts »

Richard Negus wrote:Ah yes ! The one with the oil pipes, no stand or mirrors, and the self-servo front brake.
Yes, I missed that one too. You are just too clever for the rest of us.
Richard Negus

Post by Richard Negus »

"Yes, I missed that one too. You are just too clever for the rest of us"No, if I was clever I wouldn't have chosen motorcycles as a career and would now be sitting on a fat pension somewhere warm.Spotting bodges is more a case of 'been there, done that', the most memorable being Kawasaki showing a new bike at the NEC with a wooden cylinder and head.
Just a bike-less old fogey now. Boo-hoo!
Interpol2471

Post by Interpol2471 »

MMMM I wonder if the front mudguard brake would be changed at every service interval along with the rubber rotor red face Me thinks lucky I can't afford one lol
Various rubbish in various states of decay.....
rustynuts

Post by rustynuts »

Richard Negus wrote: the most memorable being Kawasaki showing a new bike at the NEC with a wooden cylinder and head.[/color]
A fine engineering material for these environmentally conscious times. All you would need to do then is buy one of those manuals from the internet that tells you how to run your engine on water and you would have the ultimate tree huggers bike.
johnbirchjar

Post by johnbirchjar »

Not such an envo;friendly material,think of all the cylinder heads manufactured!!J.B.
Dell Boy

Post by Dell Boy »

George Brough famously showed a complete bike fitted with a wooden engine & was taking orders for it. A competitor stuck his penknive in it to prove a point. Norton`s with there F2 were just following an illustrious tradition in the British motorcycle industry which it now emerges the japanese have taken up. I`d forgotten Honda`s oval pistons. Another blind alley for the reciprocating engine to fall into!! Derek.
rustynuts

Post by rustynuts »

Dell Boy wrote:I`d forgotten Honda`s oval pistons
That's just reminded me of an innovation I read about in an engineering trade mag a few years ago: the sprung piston. The theory was that the spring would store some of the combustion energy and release it furter down the stroke when the rod has better advantage on the crank pin, thus improving torque. Strange that I have heard nothing of it since.All this talk of pistons. I should wash my mouth out with carbolic soap!