Manx Grand Prix

gripper

Manx Grand Prix

Post by gripper »

I've deduced that 3 of us are attending the MGP, any more takers? I think the NOC have a reunion in Laxey, see you there?
commando-rotary

Re: Manx Grand Prix

Post by commando-rotary »

Hi Dave I'm going in group of 5, 4 of which are noc members the norton club does indeed have a meeting in the pub car park at laxey can't remember which day. D G
Dell Boy

Post by Dell Boy »

For my sins I am involved in organising the Annual M.G.P. Norton Owners club Get Together.This will take place on Tuesday 28th. August starting at 3 p.m. till about 6 p.m.It will be held at THE SHORE HOTEL, Old Laxey.To newcomers, the pub is not actually on the shore but a half mile inland situated next to a river with a bridge over it.I should have the annual badges with me & will put signs out to aid locating the pub.There will be a barbecue which was very good last year.So good that they sold out.We also had very good weather but no rotaries as I recall.I dont know which bike I shall take till a few days before leaving for the island so may not be Rotary mounted.Derek Fox.
Wayne

Post by Wayne »

Hi AllI normaly attend the jurby festival as well, but due to a operation and i am still of work i dont know whats happening, i would like to take a F1 and the Rcw this year but i think it will be too late to book anything by the time i knowRegards Wayne
andy588tt

Post by andy588tt »

[quote="Dell Boy"]For my sins I am involved in organising the Annual M.G.P. Norton Owners club Get Together.Hi Dell Good for you I'll be at QB marshaling over the two weeks. I park Lilly "F1" next to the burger van, every time we go to the shore its raining or if the sun does come out we get the wasps!! but hay ho that's our lot we still have a good time. hope to see you there! We have just finished a Dvd tribute of the late Bob Mac for Pete Murrays Museum, Pete is a great guy well worth a visit he makes everyone welcome with a cuppa, he's on the road to Fairy bridgeRide safeAndy
Ha ha eat my oily clag !!!!!!
gripper

Post by gripper »

apart from Dell being on site, anybody interested in a mass Rotary arrival at the Shore Hotel. If we have enough attending to make a "mass" Meet outside the Villa Marina at 1430 and go from there????
Dell Boy

Post by Dell Boy »

Unfortunately both Commanders are poorly so I shall be on what a Commando should have been, a Laverda 750SF.I shall be marshalling at the end of Kirkmichael opposite Tony Easts house/museum in a private front garden.Staying at the brother in laws in Pulrose close to the Quarter Bridge so will probably have a beer in there.Anyway, will see you at The Shore Hotel in a weeks time. I`m sure we will be basking in sunshine like last year. Look out for the tatty Fire Engine Red Laverda, I`ll be close by.Derek F.
commando-rotary

Hi Dave Along with others i am doing a timed lap with the VMCC start & finish at kirk micheal will try to get to villa marina if i can by 14.30 if not see you at the meet.D G
andy588tt

Post by andy588tt »

Hi Just back from the Manx GP and had a great time, Even met up with the one and only Mr Derek Fox riding his Laverda I will be sending a full write up to David for the mag!. I didn't see you other boys? apart from a commander special at the VMCC day at Jurby Ride SafeAndy smiley
commando-rotary

Hi Andy, that was me I met dave evans and derek, I was there ten days and got around quite a bit on my ip2 as well althought not as much as i would like due to the weather on some days, did the closed road parade on friday on the commander the weather was awfull visibilty was almost nil on the mountain they had previously shortened the senior by a lap due to the conditions should never have sent us out as they were aware of the mountain weather at that time. Me and a mate went to jurby sprint on sunday am and had a blast over the mountain on both of my rotaries in the sunshine before catching the ferry.D G
gripper

Post by gripper »

I thought the parade lap would be a bit sporting in the rain and poor viz, apparently two bikes collided on the mountain. It was a much more classic bike orientated event than the TT but glad I wasn't camping. Not sure if I'll go again for a few years, the Steam Racket co. just take the p--s with the ferry prices being twice the normal rate.Dave E
andy588tt

Post by andy588tt »

[quote="gripper" Not sure if I'll go again for a few years, the Steam Racket co. just take the p--s with the ferry prices being twice the normal rate.Dave E[/quote]Hi Gripper I agree it is a racket with the steam packet The wife with the kiddies came in her side car outfit and I rode my Norton F1. The cost for us both return was £560 It is a lot BUT where in the world can you see and share the excitement of road racing like the Isle of Man. Its our holiday if we went a few day earlier it would have been £200 cheaper its in the timing but we had a Video to shoot for a customer that stopped us going our normal time.Ride SafeAndy smiley
andy588tt

Post by andy588tt »

Hi DellIt was great to see you and have a chat at Douglas sea terminal car park. The manx was good.Ride Safe and have a Happy ChristmasAndy cool
Dell Boy

Post by Dell Boy »

andy588tt wrote:Hi DellIt was great to see you and have a chat at Douglas sea terminal car park. The manx was good.Ride Safe and have a Happy ChristmasAndy cool
Likewise Andy. At present trying to sort out my T.T. ferry dates as the dreaded Norton Owners Club has decided in there wisdom to hold the International Rally in France at the tail end of T.T. week & I want to attend both events.All the best for Christmas & the New Year to you & your family.