Manx GP 2011 Isle of Man

andy588tt

Manx GP 2011 Isle of Man

Post by andy588tt »

Hi to you allJust got back from the IOM Holiday. The wifes Thunderbird blow a head gasket on the second week I orded a Head gasket it arrived three days later for the postman to fold in half to get through the letter box ??? evil later we got a very nice man to take the wifes bike/siecar and the kids home on his truck well worth £75 for relay the first in fourteen years on going to the Island, I had to travel behind at a very sedate pase all 290 miles! home.The VMCC get together at Jurby I spotted two commanders an F1 and a F1 sport and I think waynes 89 JPS race rebuild bike but no wayne one of the commanders owners who was smoking his pipe I chatted to very nice man and bike but old age is creeping in I forgot your name sorry! another guy very tall was in a set of look a like JPS leathers with a big grin on his face not to sure what was going on there Very Happy Sadly no Justin shore or Hugh Hues on the Racing Rotary that we saw last year remember he got black flagged because of smoking exhaust the marshal thought it was a four stroke.Till next time ride safe Andy
Ha ha eat my oily clag !!!!!!
Wayne

Re: Manx GP 2011 Isle of Man

Post by Wayne »

Hi Andyi was at jurby with the F1, F1 sport and the rc588. The rules at jurby this year was no overtaking on bends or the breaking areas so apart from the back straight it was a sudate outing. There was a lot of interest in the rc bike and even got talking to a ex jps mechanic from 1992. Mark (with the Rcw) was in attendance but without his bike. Next to me was one of the honda six race bikes with straight through pipes which seemed to start up every 5 minuits so i was not hanging arround the rc bike too mutch. I also got to chat with the chap with the pipe and red commander but like you cant remember his name.Most of the rest of the week was spent at child frendly places, i also got some shirts embroided with the jps norton logo yousing an origonal badge as a templateRegards wayne
Dell Boy

Re: Manx GP 2011 Isle of Man

Post by Dell Boy »

Sadly, I had to take over organising the Norton Owners Club Annual M.G.P. Reunion at the Shore Hotel, Laxey at short notice due to Clive Taylor, who was organising it, losing his life in a road riding motor cycle accident.I was advised that I could give the reunion badges away to attendees but my wife & I opted to sell them for £3.00 each which raised over £200.00.This sum I have donated to the Joey Dunlop Foundation who have created a new facility on the Island to give people with disabilities holidays in purpose built accomodation.I have donated the money to the memory of Clive.There was a very good turnout in fine weather & the barbecue sold out!Two Commanders attended, & more featherbed Internationals than you could shake a stick at.I`ve never seen so many in the same place.An event tinged with sadness but still a pleasure to attend.Derek.