bisley/brooklands

vontripper

bisley/brooklands

Post by vontripper »

hi all, any R.O.C members going to this event this weekend with tent, the resson i ask is do we all meet up some where and go in together so that we can pitch tents together or just get there and pot luck where we are put ? tony aka von tripper
[color=#FF0040]God Willing & The Creek Don`t Rise[/color]
gripper

Re: bisley/brooklands

Post by gripper »

Hi Tony, The usual suspects from Shropshire NOC will be there, travelling down on Friday to arrive mid afternoon. Might take a run up to the Ace Cafe if things get quiet, just to say I've been there.Dave E
vontripper

Post by vontripper »

hi dave, are you coming down M1 ,if so i will meet you at watford gap services, if thats ok.iam 40 mins away from there or less. Ace Cafe i know where that is i can take you there no problem, but i think is only open at night time exclaim and its not cheap.i will pm you with moble number if this is ok tonyps norton is on the road Very Happy Very Happy
johnbirchjar

Post by johnbirchjar »

Hi Dave & Tony, I will be there with a contingent from the Essex branch,looking forward to putting faces to names,(which I expect will forget,) have a safe journey,J.B.
Dell Boy

Post by Dell Boy »

I wouldn`t bother with the Ace cafe if I were you. It is absolutely nothing like how it was in the sixties [when in actual fact it was a right dump] & is just a money extraction machine.Its off the North Circular Road [A406] at Park Royal. Traffic will probably be terrible on the N.C. road.I was a North Circular Night Rider [cafe racer] in the late sixties/early seventies & though occassionly we went to the Ace before it closed in `69 we mostly went to Chalky Whites 24 hour cafe up the road opposite Hendon Greyhound track. This was a madhouse & was a right laugh. We would go there after being at the 59 club in Paddington or Chelsea Bridge & have a real good burn up back to Chalky`s in the middle of the night with virtually no traffic on the North Cicular.Derek.P.s. Another great cafe was Johnsons on the A 20 just south of Brands Hatch. Another great Burn Up road in those days.
gripper

Post by gripper »

I won't be coming down the M1 Tony, it's well off track for us here in the wild west but see you there though. (Mine's a pint of ESB) smiley. Being a mere youth of 56 the cafe race scene was well before my time though there were a few wanabee's at Bracknell Tech when I was an apprentice in 71
vontripper

Post by vontripper »

hi all , chelsea bridge i used to go there alot and thornton heath pond, good old days, salt box cafe nighting gales cafe , are they still open ???? i was told £ 2+ for a cupper at ace cafe, well if you can aford to run a rotary you can aford that price hahahahaha e.s.b cant remember larst time i drank that, nice drop of bitter, all have safe and fun run to bisley see you all there tony