2011 Bike Shows

kanonkopdrinker
Site Admin

2011 Bike Shows

Post by kanonkopdrinker »

There are several of these coming up at which the ROC has been represented in the past.Is/are any member(s) willing to step forward and act as the club rep. to co-ordinate attendance, the stand etc?I am thinking of such shows as the Stanford Hall Classic Clubs Show and the Festival of 1000 Bikes etc ... plus any local to you (such as Kempton Park & Popham) which you might consider worth attending?Many thanks.David
Interpol2471

Re: 2011 Bike Shows

Post by Interpol2471 »

David, myself and Roy are already in the process of arranging (have arranged) the Kempton show and have 5 bikes lined up for that with banners, stickers and fact sheets made up. We are also already planning the next Popham so I guess we will also look after that as well, the marque is booked and the stand location, this event is on the 21st August so please everyone do your best to attend that and beat our gathering from last year. I did try to drum up interest in the 1000 bikes last year but only Richard replied to that so it never took off and I have not been to Stanford Hall but I could ask Roy if he would like to mastermind those as well as I would not be available to help with those as well? So I guess we are covered down Souff what about up t' north?Regards Paul
Various rubbish in various states of decay.....
Interpol2471

Post by Interpol2471 »

I also forgot to say that we may have our stand at the Exile show at Dummer so everyone welcome to that also on the Sunday and the Norton show on Shinfield bypass in the summer further details to be posted.
Richard Negus

Post by Richard Negus »

As last year, I'm available to assist at Stanford and promise to make a serious effort to get to Popham smiley
Just a bike-less old fogey now. Boo-hoo!
Interpol2471

Post by Interpol2471 »

I am sure we would make you welcome, only if you go in your loft first though wink
Interpol2471

Post by Interpol2471 »

Myself and Roy are confirmed we cannot pass the M4 as our passports are now out of date red face We are looking at hopefully running four shows down here as staed earlier though so please do all you can to help and support our Rotary domination Very Happy
David Brown

Post by David Brown »

Hi Paul, Sounds good. Lots of places to meet fellow Wankle Owners. Are we including the Norton Owners Club National Rally at Brooklands on the 2nd and 3rd of July? That cold be worth having a Rotary gathering at. I have it pencilled in my diary. Any one else planning on going? David
Wayne

Post by Wayne »

Hi all I am sending my entery of for both two of my f1 bikes and hope to take one of the race bikes as a static in progress. will be taking the trailer as last yearImageRegards Wayne
andynortonf1

Post by andynortonf1 »

The Classic Bike Clubs Show is at Stanford Hall on the 29th mayThere is normally a very good display of bikes,i know that this year David cannot make the show.We normally send all the tickets to David and he forwards them on to members. there is very little to organise just let us know how many tickets you want and we size the stand to suit i will make sure we get a good spot, if someone can bring a gazeebo to keep off the beating sun that helps.Here is a link to the show website where forms can be downloaded.http://www.vjmc-northants.co.uk/stanfor ... 202011.htmRegardsAndy GreenwoodNorton F1 custodian
Wayne

Post by Wayne »

what a dim wit i am, of course i was taling about the festival of a thousand bikes, the tralers got a horning on the side and i agree its good to get out of the sun.Mark Simpson was talking about gazebos, may be worth pm him, i will possibly be having a operation this year, untill i get a date i cannot commit to too much in advanceRegards Wayne
johnbirchjar

Post by johnbirchjar »

Hi guys,I too like to fly the rotary flag,so a list of dates & places would be most welcome, and I will attend as many as poss:regards,J.B.
johnbirchjar

Post by johnbirchjar »

Hi Andy,I contacted Jayne of the VJMC re; Stamford Hall,and she replied that she had contacted David C some time ago and had yet to recieve a reply,I left a message on his answere phone last Saturday and todate he has not replied,is he away?do's anybody know?shall we get our own tickets and just turn up? guidance please,regards,J.B.
kanonkopdrinker
Site Admin

Post by kanonkopdrinker »

Hi JohnJust back from a week in Europe on the RE5 and yours was one of 39(!) messages on my answerphone.Andy (above) is the one to contact if you want space at the show; the date clashes with pre-booked tickets to see Ken Dod so it's a no-no for me - but I was hoping that someone from within the club ranks would step forward and say that they would like to be the point of contact and collate entries etc ...Any help I can give, you have the number .... cheers,DC
Interpol2471

Post by Interpol2471 »

David if it's a point of contact you need I will ring and chat about it. paul
Richard Negus

Post by Richard Negus »

andynortonf1 wrote:The Classic Bike Clubs Show is at Stanford Hall on the 29th mayThere is normally a very good display of bikes,i know that this year David cannot make the show.We normally send all the tickets to David and he forwards them on to members. there is very little to organise just let us know how many tickets you want and we size the stand to suit i will make sure we get a good spot, if someone can bring a gazeebo to keep off the beating sun that helps.Here is a link to the show website where forms can be downloaded.http://www.vjmc-northants.co.uk/stanfor ... 202011.htmRegardsAndy GreenwoodNorton F1 custodian
29th MAY folks ! I haven't heard anything yet - has anyone taken it on, or have I just volunteered ?
Just a bike-less old fogey now. Boo-hoo!
Wayne

Post by Wayne »

Hi AllThe Vmcc have confirmed my enterys to the festival of a thousand bikes for the road bikes but not the display i offered, Mark and Paul also indicated they would also display there Rcw's as well. If the do agree i would be happy to display any Roc banners, the trailer dose have a fair size horningImagei must get rid of the Hd sticker and emblemsRegards Wayne
commando-rotary

Post by commando-rotary »

Hi Wayne, does this mean you are providing your awning etc as a stand in the avenue of clubs at 1000 bikes? I emailed david earlier this year but did not get a reply. I have been accepted with one of my rotaries on track and wanted to put both on any stand the club might have.Regards Dave Green.
andynortonf1

Post by andynortonf1 »

We have volunteer.Please contact Richard Negus if you wish to attend the Classic Bike Clubs Show 29th May 2011Stanford Hall Leics, and he will send out ticketsHere is a link to the show www.vjmc-northants.co.uk/stanford%20hall%202011.htmor you can e-mail me and i will pass the info on to Richarde-mail stanfordhall2011@vjmc-northants.co.ukRegardsAndy
Wayne

Post by Wayne »

Hi Dave and everyone ellsI have requested permission to display in the race paddock, if granted Mark and Paul will show their Rcw bikes along side my race bikes in there current state at the time to show people what’s involved in returning one of these bikes back to original or replica as well as opening up interest from other show goers, I may buy a van or hire one if so I will take all three road rotaries as welli hope to also have on display the full-size card board cut out of the 88 bike in jps colours (thanks to Mark). Along side my 88 frame plus bits obtaind so far, the display will also show my nrs engine with tt works carbs and induction tubes, the housings are together less internals. I will also bolt my Rcw ported housings, race shop modifyed aro inter plate together with Gibson induction tubes and smoothbore tt and short circuit carbs all ex works Norton for people to see the race poring unless I get the end plates befor hand, but I also hope to get a damaged works ported housing anyway?. I may be even show the rcw rads an fairings and nrs faring if they are not fitted to the bikes.I also intend to display my 1992 10 to 1 Racing rotor on a f1 shaft with a standard rotor (if any one has a knackered rotor at a reasonable price) which you will be able to turn to see the rotor movements via the stationary gears in free air and se the difference in rotors. Also a very nice man on the forum has given me a single rotor eccentric shaft, he is also sorting me an un-nikersilled housing to make into a display people can turn to see the rotor path, second knackered std rotor required for this display must be cheep though. Some Jps memorabilia souvenirs ect will be displayed and mark maybe persuaded to display his sets jps of leathers, Piece de résistance would be a large screen playing a colecton of the best races from 88,89,90,91,92,93, and 94 like on the old Jps stand unfortunately I feel this will be pie in the sky , lastly the lump hammer to break thieving gits fingers ( in my restored fire engine days rally’s some drunken git tried to nick our fire engine, he faild and its a long drop down from a meryweather marquis)If they agree to the display, other rotaries Roc or not, std road or not would be welcome providing they will give them race passes, the honing will be reserved for the display table a few seats to get out of the sun if I can get them in and standing rome for people in bad weather (I have the sides for the honing as well}, ps the trailer has an in built cooker and gas fridge if anyone knows how to get a calour fridge serviced, I have plenty of gas and teebags there’s also seating and a table in the trailer.If some one in the roc hierarchy wants to support my display request with the Vmcc please feel free to do so and get me banners and leaflets I will give them out on Friday and Sunday, Saturday is track time, help on the Saturday while I am on track would be helpful?Sorry it a bit long winded repliyWayne
johnbirchjar

Post by johnbirchjar »

Hi 2471,Where is Drummer? and what are the dates of the show? regards,J.B.
Interpol2471

Post by Interpol2471 »

johnbirchjar

Post by johnbirchjar »

Hi 2471,went on your website, got the info:I wanted,sorry but I will not be back from wildest Scotland untill the 22nd,bit of a bummer that,I was looking to "fly the rotary flag", hopefully I will see you at Stamford Hall,ride safely,regards,J.B.
Wayne

Post by Wayne »

Hi AllI have contacted the vmcc and all for the 1000 bikes all road and race slots are full and official individual displays are not allowed, I cannot apply to do a club display this must come from the chairman or secretary of the club, (which I suspected would be the case and why i asked for support earlier in this thread from the hierarchy) in any case we have missed the slot. So my reduced display will be in the road paddockRegards Wayne
commando-rotary

Post by commando-rotary »

Hi Wayne I originally emailed DC about 1000 bikes as I am riding there but got no reply then emailed the NOC they don't seem to know which way is up, so I would very much like to put my two specials with your display if poss? Dave Green
Wayne

Post by Wayne »

Hi Daveby all means, i will be in the road paddock hopfuly on the hard standing by the foot bridge as beforeRegards wayne