Royal wedding camping weekend

gripper

Royal wedding camping weekend

Post by gripper »

With my NOC Shropshire branch sec hat on. If anybody needs an excuse to get away from the Royal Wedding celebrations (Apr 29), we are having a low key camping weekend about 30 miles west of Shrewsbury at Llangynog. The site has good facilities and there is B&B in the village pub. hopefully we'll do a run out on the Saturday and Sunday and it's a good stepping off point for exploring that part of Wales. Camping fees are £8 per person per night. If you're interested let me know so I can keep an eye on numbers and I will give you the details to book your own pitch. (the site owner used to be the DJ in the ace cafe, however there will not be a rock band or loud music) Dave Evans07751 307963
Richard Negus

Re: Royal wedding camping weekend

Post by Richard Negus »

Me please !Camping Friday/Saturday night.R.
Just a bike-less old fogey now. Boo-hoo!
commando-rotary

Post by commando-rotary »

having spoken to dave I intend to go but not being as hardy as richard I will B&B ing it dave green
gripper

Post by gripper »

Just got back from sunday lunch in the pub in the village smiley and a thought occurs to me. Please make sure you have filled up with fuel because the nearest is proably 10 miles away. I'll do some more research on this and post it.
Richard Negus

fuel supplies

Post by Richard Negus »

Not been North of the Border recently then? smiley
gripper

Post by gripper »

Yes but only with 1800lbs of avtur on board. 760lbs/hr = 2hrs 15mins @ 120kts = 270 miles then it all goes quiet red face
Richard Negus

Post by Richard Negus »

Much like a Commander then; 13lbs of Premium UL, home to Tebay services, 2hrs 15mins, 156 miles.2nd fill Ardrossan, or Dumbarton, and then what ?Your choices must be even more limited. Prestwick ?
gripper

Post by gripper »

Any landing you can walk away from is a good one. A learned American aviator once said "Never fly the A model of anything" Sound advice I reckon. Would my 87 IP2 be considered the A model?